test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steam arc link failed. Kinda.

So I use steam to log into STO and today just like everyone else had to link arc accounts to steam. It didn't work as planned. I am supposed to just log in as normally that I read. The launcher password was greyed out and the only thing I was able to do was use the cryptic handle new register. My account name was there still though just couldn't type in the PW. No matter what I did the only I could use is the new register. Restarting, re-installing etc. I tried out as what else could I do and used my same account name. It worked, kinda. The launcher had my profile name in the top left and it does go to this account. However, logging into STO just sends my to an empty character list asking me to make a new character as if I never played it before. Now the only way to access the game is to go to an empty list then back out and re-enter manually anyway. And before you ask me to just use the arc platforms. I have tried that constantly over the years. It won't find any of my games on it even AFTER I install them through arc. At least steam as worked for me. Till now.