test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Attempt of coming back to game... FAILD BIG TIME

hurtm3plentyhurtm3plenty Member Posts: 38 Arc User
as usual i got nostalgic about this game and PvP existance many years ago before some one decide it to destroy it.

so i decided to take a little peek ;) and it was star trek anniversary after all. So i could gather some omega fragments and maybe farm my self to max with some new updayts i have misted.
Farm my self to the max as i was always emagine for veterans like me in games would usualy take 1 or 2 months max.

But hey what have we here "ENDEAVOR" a new briliant idea of keping people in this game. It only need 22 months of doing some stupid missions for few hours a day in order to fill all perks XD

I am sorry but i cant stop laughing XD
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    .. so? I've always seen endevours as more something to not worry too much about and earn em if you earn em, rather then some "OMG! MUST FARM RIGHT AWAY"
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    The problem with endeavors is, after people start completing the grind, they're going to get nerfed to the point that its not worth doing them anymore, since they actually give insane benefits when maxed out
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I've never liked these crazy grinds in this game for this very reason. You take a break and come back later, and find out playing catchup will take months or years, not because there is so much to do, but because it is time gated. Even reputation, a newbie has to take 70 days to get a rep to tier 6, won't have any marks from recruitment events, and there are 13 or something. That never gets shorter.

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,165 Arc User
    For me endeavors are one of the best thing the devs have done in a long time. In fact they didn't go far enough, bring on Epic
    Endeavors.

They do not take a few hours a day and you do not need to get them all. As I use mines I can skip all the energy related ones.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    People really spend hours doing endeavors? Wow!

I mostly use the DPS League Guide and usually spend about 10-15 a day tops.

These things are pretty easy and they pay out well for your time. If I was going to list things wrong with STO, the Daily Endeavors would definitely not be one of those things.

They're fantastic.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It's 2020. Modern games are not meant to be "farmed to the max." And yes, precisely to retain players, because running out of things to do is boring and unlike the old days of subscription games, there's nothing to stop players from going somewhere else the moment they get bored.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Oof. Yeah, that's gotta sting for PVP interested people coming back hoping against hope that maybe Cryptic decided to work PVP into a balanced state, to instead come back to a system where your opponent could have the exact same build as you, but superior firepower and durability with no way to 'catch up' beyond just grinding (time gated and almost entirely PVE, mind you) and hoping get the good picks to help even things up.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Endeavor's don't take that long to do, and in fact most don't panic about doing that all every day, it's more viewed as do them when you can.

I'd always just wished they'd offer something new to do with GPL. ;)
    0zxlclk.png
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    The endeavours are nice bonuses for things most players would do anyway... use a weapon of a certain type, play a TFO that has a dreadnought in it, heal shields after having been attacked in space.

For me they also provide some guidance and hints because usually I'm not sure what to do as there is so much content to choose from.

If you don't want to do the endeavours, then don't do them. I fail to understand how they are a reason for not wanting to keep playing the game though.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Well, bye.

I've been here since 2012, and I don't farm "to the max."

I only do endeavors when I feel like it, mostly when they are a side effect of something else I want to do. I don't care if it takes 10 years to "finish" them.

Your fun isn't wrong, but neither is mine. If you don't enjoy STO, don't play it.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    Well, bye.

If you don't enjoy STO, don't play it.

I have to second that!
    Go pro or go home
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    baudl wrote: »
    Well, bye.

I have to second that!

*puts a #3* Indeed.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    baudl wrote: »
    Well, bye.

I have to second that!

*puts a #3* Indeed.

Fourthed.

The Endeavors are loads of fun and I even do them on my family's accounts sometimes, if they coincide with something else I'm doing for them.

Since the OP hasn't come back to the thread yet I can only guess they came to post a complaint and then leave.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    I did an Endeavour the other day. I had to be at DS9 for something else anyway, so I went to Quark's and won 500 GPL at Dabo. It took one bet. Such a lot of time! <rolleyes.gif>
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The great thing about the endeavor system is that you can work on it as much or as little as you want. Without any of the perks, you can still shred through everything that the game has to offer with zero difficulty. Therefore, I've worked on my endeavors at a leisurely pace. When I actively play the game, I definitely do my endeavors. But when I don't actively play, I don't bother. I'm at Endeavor Rank 57 but plenty of people are beyond Level 200 at this point.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Yesterday I did all the personal endeavors at the same time, in one run of the anniversary TFO which I was going to do for the dil anyway.

After that I even went out to DS9 for the universal one (I reached the Dabo goal in about four or five spins) even though I had nothing else to do there (though I did pick up a few particle traces while I was there too) which is something I do not always bother with. Of the whole thing, just travelling to DS9 probably took as long or longer than doing the endeavors themselves put together (and I was afk for most of the trip anyway).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Yea... I have to agree with everyone.

@baddmoonrizin render upon this thread thy judgement.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    So say we all!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    Well, bye.

I've been here since 2012, and I don't farm "to the max."

I only do endeavors when I feel like it, mostly when they are a side effect of something else I want to do. I don't care if it takes 10 years to "finish" them.

Your fun isn't wrong, but neither is mine. If you don't enjoy STO, don't play it.

I couldn't agree more. I have been playing since beta. If there is something you don't want to do in game, don't do it. If the endeavors are not something I like I will wait until the next day.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I say this in other games where I at least attempt to enjoy it (bugs, grinds, and all): If you're going to go, go. We don't need the Declaration of Independence for a ragequit.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    endeavors are easy and you can reroll them as you please as long as you have the tokens to do so.

generally takes me about 5-15 minutes to do them depending on whats provided.

Pretty much do the same content to finish them over and over.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    Ah i thought you meant 1-65 in 2 months was rather a long time then i was like oh wait, however regarding the other grindy stuff like Rep, and gear and stuff. At some point i want to try and get it done but i am too lazy, so i do the min required effort in gaming these days. couple TFO's and maybe a few patrols and done on to another character. Everything else is just saving for bling.
    klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    bcstar wrote: »
    Ah i thought you meant 1-65 in 2 months was rather a long time then i was like oh wait, however regarding the other grindy stuff like Rep, and gear and stuff. At some point i want to try and get it done but i am too lazy, so i do the min required effort in gaming these days. couple TFO's and maybe a few patrols and done on to another character. Everything else is just saving for bling.

Reputations pretty much fall into the 'minimum required' though don't they?

I mean, they just require you to queue up a project once per day. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    So, the OP doesn't like Endeavours? Izzat what all this fuss is about? And we were all dumb enough to pay attention to his little public hissy fit?

Shame on us.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

It would, except since you don't actually need them for anything they fall more into the "not required at all."
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I don't do dailies on every one of my characters. Just the one(s) I happen to be playing on, if I feel like it.

Endeavors are the same. I do them or not. If I do, then I reroll the ones I don't like and if one doesn't want to reroll, then I just don't do it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

You need the marks first. That is a nontrivial amount of work if you have no recruitment boxes to hasten the grind. Just remember what a new player has to do, 1200+ marks each for 13 reputations and 40 days just to get to T5. This on top of the difficulty of getting marks for certain reputations because no one queues for them, so you have to know that doing random queues gives you the choice box to actually get them done.
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    My endeavors yesterday were deal polaron damage (ground), defeat both (ground), and defeat captains (ground). Took my jem'hadar through the both battlezone got all three, easy peasy
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    mez83 wrote: »
    My endeavors yesterday were deal polaron damage (ground), defeat both (ground), and defeat captains (ground). Took my jem'hadar through the both battlezone got all three, easy peasy

Voth!

Ah, sorry. I thought I saw something.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.