test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a way of getting rid of the Additional Uniforms?

winterghostkeep#6743 winterghostkeep Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Hello I haven't played the game in a long time and now that I am back I have Additional uniforms I no longer want is there a way of getting rid of them or do I just have to replace them with a different style?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    replace them with another one. There is no way to delete an outfit, just reuse it for something else :)
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Just change the uniforms, they take up uniform slots, can't delete them
    GwaoHAD.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Everything your character can wear as a uniform is an unlock, so if you want to change your uniform, you will have to go to a tailor and change what you're wearing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    If you have a very old KDF character chances are some of your costume slots are unusable. It was a bug from many years ago that was fixed, but one of my characters shows three or four additional costume slots in the tailor menu that show very old costumes but which can't be used or deleted. But that luckily doesn't impact the remaining, usable ones.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Just need to create a new uniform over the old one
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    A delete button would be nice.

Usually I simply give them a name like 'don't use' so that I am instantly reminded of which ones I should ignore when changing outfits while I'm away from the tailor.

Note that you can also copy outfits so if you need the slot and want to remove an outfit, you can just pick a basic existing outfit that looks like the one you want to create and paste it over the existing one that you want to replace. Might save some time.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The uniforms are all saved in the Star Trek Online > Live > Screenshots folder, you should be able to just delete them right from there.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    The uniforms are all saved in the Star Trek Online > Live > Screenshots folder, you should be able to just delete them right from there.

While the jpeg does contain costume data, simply deleting it won't delete the outfit.

Post edited by kaithan1975 on
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited February 2020

While the jpeg does contain costume data, simply deleting it won't delete the outfit.

Yeah, I have deleted the costume data in that folder and it does not delete the outfit. In space, it still shows my character wearing the Discovery outfit. On ground, it shows me wearing the correct outfit that I wear now and I might change to the Picard uniform.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Yeah, there is no reason to delete these uniforms. If you are bugging out and seeing your character wearing the "wrong" uniform (that you aren't really wearing) on the load page, then just load the same outfit in all slots. It's not a big deal at all.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    In Space you will always be shown wearing the Uniform in Slot 1. On the Ground you will be shown with the Outfit you are wearing.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    In Space you will always be shown wearing the Uniform in Slot 1. On the Ground you will be shown with the Outfit you are wearing.

Yep, this is exactly how it works. It will only show your actual 'current' outfit if you're not in space.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    On my main character, I own seven costume slots. With around ten costumes templates saved. I could buy more slots if I wanted to. But there is, IMO, little point. I find those slots very flexible. Depending upon my mood to experiment. As stated above, it's easy to just design whatever the new uniform is right over one that I previously set to that specific slot. The back-ups can be there should I ever regret a change.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
This discussion has been closed.