test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why cannot I play the Cold War arc on two characters?

revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited February 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
On two of my Federation characters, one a Temporal Operative, one vanilla dating back at least eight years, I am unable to start the Cold War arc. Admiral Quinn simply does not offer the wrapper quest, Cold Call, either in person or through the Mission Journal. Note that since it ceased to be "episode" content, there has been no pre-requisite for this arc. I just took my brand new Gamma Recruit through the arc just as i started the Romulan Mystery Arc! (I like to use the Breen gear set to give my shuttles a buffed set of powers.)

I teamed up with my room mate, and when he shared the mission line with me, it dropped as soon as I got to Deferi, that that didn't help either.

Any thoughts folks?
-
Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
Post edited by revanantmorituri on

Best Answer

Answers

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    The cold war arc was moved to available tab, If you have already done them then the individual episodes will be listed at the top as replay, If they are not under available then I suggest posting a bug report and hope for the best.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I believe those are story arcs that got moved to the Available tab AND the character must be Level 65 to unlock.

I know this happened when they reconfigured the story missions a few years ago. They went through several reconfigurations of missions and available missions but was not working.

I think they ended up just going with allowing all missions to unlock for characters completely leveled up. I think it was Cold War (Breen), Specters (Devidians) and.... dammit (like Bones) something else, I forgot.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Definitely not showing under the Available tab, and both characters have been 65 for quite some time now. Bug report submitted, but no idea how long that will take to get a response, since the View My Tickets button hasn't worked in years.
    -

• revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    That was it. My vanilla Fed Trill had completed the Klingon War years before the mission system changed, and very likely, before they added Defera to the game, so it never dawned on me that there might be incomplete missions in that arc. Not sure how my Temporal Operative missed it. I blame Quinn: it has become reflex to shut him up anytime he tries to talk to me about Romulan Minefields...
    -