Install Arc
Options

The Creepiest Thing In-game!

2»

Comments

• Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    From a horror point of view, definitely "What lies beneath"

On the level of, urghh why? That certain type of player and the Orion girls they roll.

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »
    Other players making adult innuendos towards your female character is kinda creepy or sad or both

I find it rather sad that humans will do this to a bunch of colored pixels.
    It gets even more sad when you have species like my main's that are 100% player inventions thus there's no "real"(aka played by a real life actor who actually exists) version of them.

granted all character's are just pixels but at least with canon races you do actually have "real" version of them rather them.

That said I find that mostly sad if done seriously as long as the character in question looks like they're "of age".

My main is also aliengen, my own creation. Anytime I use aliengen it's my own creation, except that one time I made a Human-Klingon hybrid.

And the people who keep running the Orion girls through battles wearing their bikinis and toting big guns.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I think that one in the Gamma Arc with the mutant Hur'q makes a good scary episode too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think that one in the Gamma Arc with the mutant Hur'q makes a good scary episode too.

Agreed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    So funny story I can tell on myself related to the Bonie-kin episode. When I first played through the episode years ago I was in an older apartment. Just outside my bedroom door was the cold air return for the AC. From time to time if I didn't have my bedroom door locked, it could rattle the door or even force the door open if the AC runs alot on a hot day. I'm sure some of you already know where this is going. So I'm sitting here playing the Bonnie-kin episode for the first time. I also collect swords and knives of different kinds and kept a stilleto switchblade on my computer table, mainly for opening packages and such. First time the NPC starts doing that Bonnie-kin monologue my door started rattling and actually flung open. About this same time I spun around in my chair with that switchblade ready to end a fool because I thought someone had broke in. After a minute or 2 I grabbed my double barrel shotgun and actually went through my house to make for sure no one had broken in. After triggering the next objective and he starting doing the Bonnie-kin again, I finally realized it was the game. So whoever made the episode I simultaneously love and hate at the same time. Loved the episode, but hate them because I thought someone broke in lols.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    @darkbladejk That had to be scary! =O I can't say I had that happen, but that takes the eerie aspect of that ep to a whole other level!
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Slightly off-topic but the scariest game moment of my life was the hauinted house section of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. What lies beneath reminded me so much of that I got flashbacks.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    @darkbladejk That had to be scary! =O I can't say I had that happen, but that takes the eerie aspect of that ep to a whole other level!

At first it was, but when I realized it was the game, let's just say my first thought was "these evil genious (insert choice of complimental insult here)." Afterwards it was an odd combination of respect for the devs while also loathing them, loathing of that old AC system, and also bewilderment that I actually was tricked by the game. Best way I know how to describe it is that odd feeling when you've watched a horror film and you knew it was fake, but are annoyed that they managed to actually get you with a jump scare.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    reyan01 wrote: »
    whilst 'What Lies Beneath' gets an honorable mention I'd have to say, more recently, 'Tenebris Torquent' deserves a mention here.

The setting and atmosphere of that mission were pretty eerie, and this was supplimented by the other (NPC) officers being picked off one-by-one and then being stalked by the thing that killed them (Hur'Q mutant). It was pretty well done in my opinion.

Oh I agree. That one had atmosphere, and the cutscenes really added to it. I almost felt like I was in a Star Trek version of Alien. Very well done.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Another thing I find creepy ingame - Bridge Bunnies. Yes, Bridge Bunnies. Both the female and the male versions. Although the latter are much more rare.

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Some of the Boffs floating around are disturbing. From some who looks like they were burned alive and others that look and act like straight up drug addicts. What's happening there?
This discussion has been closed.