test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

23c Gorn

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
So, I went in to make my Gorn character consistent with the 23c, putting him in the classic tunic. However, there's a problem, and it's apparently been reported before.

The Gorn 23c upper body tunic does not use the 23c SKIN. That is, instead of the smoother skin the 23c Gorn has, it's that very scaley modern skin under the tunic.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    So, I went in to make my Gorn character consistent with the 23c, putting him in the classic tunic. However, there's a problem, and it's apparently been reported before.

The Gorn 23c upper body tunic does not use the 23c SKIN. That is, instead of the smoother skin the 23c Gorn has, it's that very scaley modern skin under the tunic.

Yeah, that was reported as soon as it came out as was the missing badges and ranks on the 23rd C KDF uniforms. It was ignored then so it won't be sorted now.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    artan42 wrote: »

Yeah, that was reported as soon as it came out as was the missing badges and ranks on the 23rd C KDF uniforms. It was ignored then so it won't be sorted now.

Well... one never knows. People asked for them to update ship textures for a long time, and they did fix them. They borked the walking animations of BOs, and left those for a long time, too. Eventually they did fix them. Hopefully they'll fix this too.

There's a few other such things that need fixing, such as the placement of officers on the Constitution and Pioneer interiors, as well as the uniforms of certain officers on the Galaxy interior... but I've mentioned those issues elsewhere.

The 23rd century Gorn tunic will be fixed in tomorrow's patch notes so it was not ignored contrary to artan42.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    sthe91 wrote: »

Well... one never knows. People asked for them to update ship textures for a long time, and they did fix them. They borked the walking animations of BOs, and left those for a long time, too. Eventually they did fix them. Hopefully they'll fix this too.

There's a few other such things that need fixing, such as the placement of officers on the Constitution and Pioneer interiors, as well as the uniforms of certain officers on the Galaxy interior... but I've mentioned those issues elsewhere.

The 23rd century Gorn tunic will be fixed in tomorrow's patch notes so it was not ignored contrary to artan42.

And they haven't fixed it still.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    sthe91 wrote: »

And they haven't fixed it still.

I so thought they did. Rats pajamas!
    edited March 2020
    @baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk @wingedhussar Please move this to the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section and alert the devs that this is still a problem and has not been fixed in the most recent patch notes even though I thought it was.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    What about 23c KDF ranks

Are they also bugged? Also, @baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 Please move this thread to the PC Gameplay Bug Reports section of the forums. It really belongs there instead of in this section. Thanks. :)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Pretty sure baddmoon is gone. Last Forum appearance was February 20th.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Does the part specifically say that it is 23c?