test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug report: Quantum Cyclical Slipstream Drive recharge time (cooldown) over 30s

thexqthexq Member Posts: 13 Arc User
I'm not sure if this is a bug but to me it seems as one.

Ship: Gagarin Miracle Worker Battlecruiser
Where: Sector space, Beta quadrant
Character, level 65 Federation catian
How to reproduce:
With the mentioned ship, start the slipstream drive and and shut it down before its full duration. Over recharge timer value (or cooldown) of over 30s can be observed if the power icon is in the power tray. Alternatively hovering cursor over "full impulse arrow" button shows the remaining cooldown which in this case is over 30s (seems to be 120s - the duration the drive was active). I'd assume this happens with all ships that have the same power but I own only the Gagarin.

It seems that instead of having 30s recharge that starts when the drive shuts down (or is shut down), the drive has 120s recharge that starts when the drive is activated. This same behavior can be observed with "standard" Quantum Slipstream drives on other ships. But in the case of the Cyclical variant, the drive is supposed to recharge faster (in 30s) according to the power's description. (link to picture: https://imgur.com/82OA20j).

So, shouldn't the recharge time start when the power is shut down and be the defined 30s instead of the current one?

I tried to create a ticket about this in-game but got "can't connect to server" so I wrote the description here.
Tagged:

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea I don't quite know what happened about 3-6 months ago, it seems any in-game BUGS you report they never say they are submitted.

So honestly you have no way of even knowing if they receive the IN-GAME BUGS or if they aren't receiving them anymore. For years they always told you when one was successfully submitted and they thanked you.

0zxlclk.png
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Yea I don't quite know what happened about 3-6 months ago, it seems any in-game BUGS you report they never say they are submitted.

So honestly you have no way of even knowing if they receive the IN-GAME BUGS or if they aren't receiving them anymore. For years they always told you when one was successfully submitted and they thanked you.

I don't think the in-game bug reporting tool works anymore. Instead it gives a message of Unable to connect. Try again later or something to that effect.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.