test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wrong designation for Omega Particle Stabilization

yolduryoldur Member Posts: 46 Arc User
One possible location still reads "Rura Penthe" in the mission text. However, it cannot be found under that name since it has been renamed to "Beta Penthe".

Comments

• scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I've noticed this too.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Been this way since they merged sector space.
    And, unless they fixed it since I last did it, in the KDF mission still takes place on Rura Penthe but on the map it is Beta Penthe.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • yolduryoldur Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Ah, the infamous space revamp! Is it just me or did they break a lot of doff chains along with it? Some doff missions appear to be gone.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    yoldur wrote: »
    Ah, the infamous space revamp! Is it just me or did they break a lot of doff chains along with it? Some doff missions appear to be gone.

Doffing is a hit or miss affair. Slow down between borders of sectors... keep the DOFF window up and watch for the assignments to flip... and come to full stop before it flips again. Sometimes assignment list will change depending on which direction you go across those borders.

If looking for specific assignments, best thing to try is mix it up. Go off your usual route and what is "missing" for ya might pop. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    One possible location still reads "Rura Penthe" in the mission text. However, it cannot be found under that name since it has been renamed to "Beta Penthe".

Rura Penthe is the planet with the penal colony in the Beta Penthe system.

They're all still there. Certain chain assignments have always been difficult to find, and if you don't know the ins and outs of what sectors on the current map correspond to the old sector blocks, or about some admittedly buggy behavior in the Alpha Quadrant, they become a lot harder to find. The poster above me gave pretty good advice about it. You should definitely come to a stop when you cross the borders of sector blocks, and don't expect to get the real set of assignments for a sector that you transwarped into, or entered by leaving a system. Assignments only show properly when you really enter a sector block by crossing the border from another

This image will help a lot for finding things in the Alpha Quadrant

I swear that there was a good official sources for the overlays of the old blocks on the quadrants for DOffing purposes, but I can't find it, so:

Alpha Quadrant
    Beta Quadrant
    Delta Quadrant
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.