test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Khitomer Alliance Battlecruiser

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
First up @baddmoonrizin tried to find a thread already created. If there is one merge away :smile:

Been flying her for a few days now and am loving her 100%. Great turn rate. Well everything is great about flying her .... except :(

I had hoped she had come with a unique bridge being a Klingon / Fed hybrid would of been nice to see what Thomas, Jette, Hector would of come up with in mashing the two technologies. But sadly no. The bridge the ship comes with is basic, tinny and yuck. We don't get the option to change the bridge look. I hope this can be brought into game at the ship tailor.

Also sadly too there is no interior to explore. No engineering, no Ready Room, no Captains Quarters, Nothing. I had hoped with this being an anniversary ship, and being a first of it's kind ship with the amalgamation of technologies a bit more of an effort and thought would have been put in to both the exterior and interior of the ship.

Nevertheless she is a great ship and am thankful for having it, and not one of my negative comments is against the fine work everyone at Cryptic has done over the past 10 years in producing a great no GREAT AND FANTASTIC game.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    It was explained during the livestream that they did not have production time for a unique interior, but they would like to do one at some point.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    They said many times that they are only going to make new interiors if they are featured in a mission or TFO.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    They said many times that they are only going to make new interiors if they are featured in a mission or TFO.

Seems pretty easy to work this interior into a mission at some point.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

Seems pretty easy to work this interior into a mission at some point.

Agreed. And I would be surprised if we didn't support or join the alliance forces at some point. But as long as they don't make an alliance mission, we won't get an alliance interior.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    didn't they say in the alliance battle cruiser stream they want to make missions about/with the Khitomer. they just have too going on right now?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    It was explained during the livestream that they did not have production time for a unique interior, but they would like to do one at some point.

Thanks @baddmoonrizin I don't get to see the live streams being on the other side of the world and that which is posted on social media after never seems complete.

Do us a favor. Delete this thread.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

Thanks @baddmoonrizin I don't get to see the live streams being on the other side of the world and that which is posted on social media after never seems complete.

Do us a favor. Delete this thread.

They've been streaming on Youtube the past few times, which isn't region locked AFAIK. However, the last Livestream died repeatedly due to some sort of technical issue on their end.
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Or lack thereof

I must admit, the exterior is so awesome it's let down by no interior design. All you get is a basic bridge, no ready room, no crew deck, nothing. Does anybody know of any plans for the devs to do this? I'd settle for standard KDF interiors to be honest.

Just need to decide if I want to go cannons or beams on it now.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    They don't do bridges anymore because it takes too long and requires too much development time. It's unfortunate, but it's just where we are. In fact, we're actually not even allowed to ask about it so I won't say much more since I'm sure this thread will get closed.

As for Beams or Cannons.. the ship is versatile enough to run either way. It will be easier to fly with beams in a broadside set up but if you're a fairly descent pilot then Cannons will give you a much better return.

Either choice is a good one, it's just your personal preference. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers guys.

Going cannons as I'm transferring from Kor to the Khitomer and can't be bothered to grind out new beams/consoles. Will go beams on my fed version for variety.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Thanks for the answers guys.

Going cannons as I'm transferring from Kor to the Khitomer and can't be bothered to grind out new beams/consoles. Will go beams on my fed version for variety.

It should do very nicely with Cannons.

Enjoy! :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    /Merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Something I admit to wondering: I get what A.F.S. is supposed to stand for (Alliance/Allied Fleet Ship), but what is "CSN"? I'm guessing the N is supposed to be "Number", but not sure about the CS.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    I've just unlocked the ship, and flown it into a first mission on my main Sci. And I love it.

Since I started playing STO many years ago, I haven't missed out on a single event ship. Most of the ships I rarely used though, I mainly got them in case I ever wanted to play them in the future, which until now hasn't happened much yet.

This ship is different. It is something I can put my Federation captain in without having to come up with all sorts of strange reasons why a Starfleet captain would be flying it.

It is of course less of a dedicated science vessel than my main's Vesta. At the same time it does allow for using other abilities that I wouldn't use on this character, such as Aceton beam. Expanding on that and to put it simply: I appreciate the Boff lay-out. It allows for a wide variety of builds. The trait has a nice mix of offensive and defensive boosts too; my aforementioned Vesta might, when I return to it, use different hangar pets than the shield reinforcement units for example.

So, all in all, a great ship with nice attributes that will likely be a ship I can seriously consider using on different characters.

Thank you for this.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    There are of course also some downsides, such as it only having one material (also no Veteran or Upgrade material) but fortunately we have the shield visual slots to compensate for that.

Also, a lack of bridge options. Then again, I won't be looking at the one it has too often so this is a point of minor importance.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    joshmaul wrote: »
    Something I admit to wondering: I get what A.F.S. is supposed to stand for (Alliance/Allied Fleet Ship), but what is "CSN"? I'm guessing the N is supposed to be "Number", but not sure about the CS.

Coalition Starship perhaps?

Granted, they preferred to use the term 'alliance' until now, but we have seen coalition being used a few times as well.

• Options
    joshmaul wrote: »

AFS is Allied Fleet Ship. CSN is combined ship number

Mine is AFS Warspite CSN 03 (Warspite's pennant number was 03)
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

Still waiting for a new Federation interior based on the updated Federation tutorial. At least we have TOS, TNG, DS9, and Voyager Interiors.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    starkaos wrote: »

Still waiting for a new Federation interior based on the updated Federation tutorial. At least we have TOS, TNG, DS9, and Voyager Interiors.

Same. We know from the tutorial that the style would work well for an interior, and it even has areas that could be adapted to expand it. Like that nice little Shuttlebay you start in, it would be nice if the interior had a few of those (1-3, depending on the size you pick).
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Just unlocked the ship. Gave it to my KDF TAC. Placed the Temporal Sets on it and went on Patrol. Not bad. The Temporal Sets being Anti Proton based, fit in nicely with the theme of the Console and the Mastery.

Next, I'll try it on my KDF aligned Rommie ENG. Who has all of the Terran stuff. Should be interesting.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You don't have to come up with strange reasons why a Starfleet Captain would fly a particular ship. You're the boss and if the Character doesn't like it, tell them that you'll just delete them. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    Forget the bridge. This ship screams for articulated "wings".
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You don't have to come up with strange reasons why a Starfleet Captain would fly a particular ship. You're the boss and if the Character doesn't like it, tell them that you'll just delete them. :)

Me: This is your new ship, and you will fly it!
    Char: Na, i don't like it.
    Me: I created you, and you will do what i say!
    Char: No, and go buy something pretty for me!
    Me: Yes master...

Every single time.. :neutral:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

I confess I go through this a lot, especially whenever my luck has led me to getting certain lockbox ships. With my Disco science officer, I only had the Europa/Nimitz available to her at one point from the Disco-fleet, and I bit the bullet and gave it a name I had planned to give to a Crossfield. The following week, Crossfield comes out of a lockbox. The name swapping game begins.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

Thank you both for the laugh. Much appreciated. Now, which one of you is volunteering to help me clean the beer off my laptop? ;)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Your laptop takes its chances when you drink and read at the same time ;)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    > @gaevsman said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Me: This is your new ship, and you will fly it!
    > Char: Na, i don't like it.
    > Me: I created you, and you will do what i say!
    > Char: No, and go buy something pretty for me!
    > Me: Yes master...
    >
    > Every single time.. :neutral:

This me trying to put my main in anything but her Fleet T6 Battle cruiser
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    Your laptop takes its chances when you drink and read at the same time ;)

Buh...buh...buh! It is a lager called Biloxi Blonde. Made by the Lazy Magnolia Brewing Company. Served nearly exclusively at the Beau Rivage. It leaves stains! (Although it goes quite nicely with an afternoon dish of shrimp and grits.) XD
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Now you're just making me hungry!

I live in Mississippi, BTW. Love grits and shrimp. Never had them together, but I'd love to try it.

Actually, I have a Fed-aligned Klingon who just might like this ship and won't give me lip about putting her in it :lol:
    Post edited by echatty on
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.