test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wolverine VS Hulk VS Alpha Flight Movie

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cosmicbook.news/wolverine-vs-hulk-alpha-flight-weapon-x?amp

Very excited for this movie if it happens more because this will be the first movie to introduce Alpha Flight, the Canadian version of the X-Men, plus Wolverine and Weapon X.

I'm hoping Sabretooth and Deadpool (both are Canadian and I'm not just talking about Ryan Renyolds who is also Canadian) are in it too if its really rated R.

Comments

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Cosmicbooknews is notorious for making up fake “scoops”.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Pass. Wolverine has been done to death in both film and comics. Let the X-Men idle for a while. Plenty of other more interesting heroes and villains to use in the stable.
    Or do the original X-Men - Cyclops, Iceman, pre-fur Beast, Angel, and Marvel Girl (although giving her a better code name would not be beyond the pale, as Stan was kind of running low on ideas that day). Remember that the team was around for the better part of a decade in the comics before Giant-Size X-Men #1 introduced the international backup team (Colossus, Storm, Nightcrawler, Warpath, Sunfire, and Wolverine), and surely there must be at least one or two stories you could tell about them before leaving them "lost" and the Professor calling for the second string. (Then the second-stringers find and free the originals, and we get a new team composed of some of each...)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Since Hugh Jackman is done with the character I personally think they should leave Wolverine alone for a good long while and use X-23 in his place for now. They could mention him in her backstory but otherwise I don't think he should appear in the MCU for a long time.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Alpha Flight by itself could be interesting, but Wolverine has been done to death for the most part and the Hulk does not seem to do well outside of the Avengers. Also, the MCU Hulk is a later version where more of Banner's traits and memories bleed over and is not the early, completely isolated "dumb" version of the hulk that lent the old Hulk vs. Wolverine stuff (which was really only good for a one-shot story anyway) some plausibility.

If they have to do something with Wolverine and Alpha Flight at the same time, the most potential would be the situation where Alpha Flight was trying to extract Wolverine from the X-Men and he was torn between groups to some extent. Still, letting Wolvie rest for a while seems like the best course of action.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I'm not worried about Wolverine, the main appeal is an Alpha Flight movie. And this likely won't be for another 4 years, plenty of rest for Wolverine.
    lordgyor wrote: »
    this likely won't be for another 4 years, plenty of rest for Wolverine.

That's still not enough time imo, not after the legendary performance Hugh Jackman gave in the role. I'm in no hurry to see some new guy try to put his own spin on the character.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That's still not enough time imo, not after the legendary performance Hugh Jackman gave in the role. I'm in no hurry to see some new guy try to put his own spin on the character.

If Kirk and Spock can be replaced so can Hugh, or they can substitute Wolverine for Deadpool.
    If Kirk and Spock can be replaced so can Hugh

Yes, eventually. Almost fifteen years passed between their appearance in Generations and their recasting in JJTrek, it's only been three years since Logan was released so too soon imo.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes, eventually. Almost fifteen years passed between their appearance in Generations and their recasting in JJTrek, it's only been three years since Logan was released so too soon imo.

Why would it be too soon?
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That's still not enough time imo, not after the legendary performance Hugh Jackman gave in the role. I'm in no hurry to see some new guy try to put his own spin on the character.

If Kirk and Spock can be replaced so can Hugh, or they can substitute Wolverine for Deadpool.

Kirk and Spock haven't been replaced. There's been no reboot and Pine and Quinto are playing different versions of the same character. Same goes for DSC Spock.

Wolverine would be a reboot.

Yes, eventually. Almost fifteen years passed between their appearance in Generations and their recasting in JJTrek, it's only been three years since Logan was released so too soon imo.

Kelvin Timeline.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    I just think James "Logan" Howlett, aka Wolverine, needs a rest. A nice long one, until writers forget that they wanted to make him the ultimate Mary Sue. (I mean, he's dead, been dead for a couple of years, his clone-daughter replaces him which makes for some interesting stories, then suddenly he comes back from the grave - with even more powers??!?)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited February 2020
    artan42 wrote: »

Kelvin Timeline.

Thank you for inspiring the new picture I'll be using in my signature, at least until Resident Evil 3 Remake comes out.

FuJfhhG.png
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Dang it this thread was mostly about Alpha Flight , Canadians premier Superhero team !

With or within out Wolverine does no one else want to see an Alpha Flight movie ?
    With or within out Wolverine does no one else want to see an Alpha Flight movie ?

Tbh I've never heard of them.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »

Kelvin Timeline.

Thank you for inspiring the new picture I'll be using in my signature, at least until Resident Evil 3 Remake comes out.

Kelvin Timeline.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited February 2020

Their heyday was the mid to late bronze age (early to mid 1980s) during the time when comics companies were starting to run out of ideas for superheroes in the already superhero-crowded New York and spreading out. It was a good comic, both as a change of pace and in its own right, though it was considerably less known than The Avengers, and Marvel Productions was counting on fan response to make the MCU idea work.

Even if it was not rather obscure nowadays, they probably would have avoided doing an Alpha Flight movie since two of the most popular characters in it (Aurora and NorthStar) are mutants which the MCU could not use until recently. For example, the Scarlet Witch is only half the comic version, in the movies she pretty much only has her witch powers and not her mutant one since they had to downplay her mutant side.

Also, the MCU was built up in baby steps, using the more sciencey characters (even the Asgardians were turned into a kind of magitech science-fantasy group) before cautiously branching out into full-blown magic and other characters without a science-based origin, and Alpha Flight would have been too powersource-diverse for that.

Likewise, using Iron Man allowed the MCU to show a clear evolution from (relatively) down-to-earth technology towards the fantastic, something that would not be so clear in Alpha Flight since the Guardian/Vindicator suit started out with the kind of nanite-like technology Stark's latest suit and the Black Panther suit are based on. The viewer hand-holding and easing into the genre Marvel Productions did makes me think they would have been afraid the audience would view Alpha Flight as just another silly Power Rangers type movie if they lead with it.

Right now would be the ideal time to introduce an Alpha Flight movie though, not only is the audience ready for the character concepts, they could even ease the mutant genre into the MCU with it.

Their heyday was the mid to late bronze age (early to mid 1980s)

Well that explains why I never heard of them, I wasn't born until 1986, lol. Until the X-men and Spider-Man movies my main source of Marvel stuff was the X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons from the '90s (which I usually missed).
    eaY7Xxu.png