test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Searching for physical media.

jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Ten Forward
With the Streaming Wars being what they are I always wondered if and when Star Trek's 5 series will be taken down as Friends and Seinfield was and many others. CBS/Viacom may not be as bad of IP hawks as say Disney is with their content but with the introduction of new Star Trek series regardless how you feel about them the old Paramount Series I always feared of being taken off of Netflix or are slated to in the near future. So I have been on the hunt for physical media sets because I hate to pay for CBS All Access for my Star Trek fix when I really don't need it besides the obvious.

As of now I have TOS, TNG, DS9, with Voyager on the way. I just need to find Star Trek Enterprise. Ironically I already have Season 2 of Discovery on Blu-Ray too. I am not interested however in the Animated Series.

So are you guys on the hunt too and is there any news if our favorite Trek series will be taken down from other platforms?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    jake477 wrote: »
    is there any news if our favorite Trek series will be taken down from other platforms?

I haven't heard anything, but I'd imagine it depends on the terms of the various licensing agreements. As soon as those run out I wouldn't be surprised if Trek disappears from services like Netflix, though you'll probably always be able to buy digital copies on Prime Video.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    The classic series are probably going to stay on the various streaming channels: even with the network taking its cut, CBS probably makes enough to justify it. It's unlikely that TAS will be available, and especially not the new series CBS is using as a killer app for CBS All Access.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    I used to watch Star Trek on Netflix, but Netflix is loosing Star Trek in my region soon... CBS All Access is not available too me, and I'm not giving Amazon a dime. So I can't watch the new series legally anywhere.

I am currently re-watching TNG. But I have the Blue-Ray collection, I have Voyager and Deep Space 9 on DVD. As well as the other series.

Discovery is already released on Blue-Ray here.. Picard will soon follow.