test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you subscribe to a Monthly Jayce's Navy Interstellar Magazine if Cryptic offered it?

lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
Would you subscribe to a Monthly Jayce's Navy Interstellar Magazine if Cryptic offered it?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Depends on the content of course
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Probably not. I never subscribed to a Star Trek fanzine, and a STO related in-universe-talk magazine sounds even narrower in scope.
    But I really enjoy reading the occasional fluff piece for free, so the current format works great for me.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Yes. I love the STO designs and would love to get more details
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    Probably not. I never subscribed to a Star Trek fanzine, and a STO related in-universe-talk magazine sounds even narrower in scope.
    But I really enjoy reading the occasional fluff piece for free, so the current format works great for me.

same thing, here.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

Same here. Also, no dead trees for me: I only buy ebooks and read online (tablet and Kindle) to reduce my resource use.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    I'd need to be enticed with something more then just some articles. if for example each issue had a code for a give away, I might wouldn't even need to be much
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Are we discussing just a subscribing or some sort of paid subscription?
  • Options
    > @foppotee#4552 said:
    > Are we discussing just a subscribing or some sort of paid subscription?

Paid subscription, but for a full on proper magazine.
  • Options
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Same here. Also, no dead trees for me: I only buy ebooks and read online (tablet and Kindle) to reduce my resource use.

It'd have a ebook version of course.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    It is a potentially compelling offer, but there's lots of details missing so far. Cost, volume of information, focus of information, etc. etc.. As an example, after playing STO for a few years off & on now I'm finally finding the current LTS offer compelling. We know of what it offers, there's a details page describing it. We know the cost, which now I'm finding worth while for some reason. If/when someone buys it we know what we're getting.

I would think if Cryptic, or anyone, is kicking this idea-can around currently to put in the time, elbow grease, for at least a demo issue or perhaps 1 full free issue of what is in mind for presentation for all to see. It allows feedback for consideration, the pros & cons for such an "endeavor" (I couldn't help myself with the pun). The potential negative of course is someone puts in that effort for a creating a demo or full issue to test the waters & no one bites at it.
  • Options
  • Options
    axegaijin13axegaijin13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Nope
This discussion has been closed.