test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Collection of tailor/character asset bugs (+2399 uniform)

duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
edited January 2020 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Four issues, one with the tailor itself and three with character assets (ground). These reduce the quality of the STO space barbie experience by some degree and, for me, force the use of work arounds and alternative assets (reducing the effective customization pallet.)

1. Tailor lighting in ESD is hideously blown out.

Problem: lighting in ground tailor (ESD) is about twice that of any other location.

Screenshot 1: normal lighting
tw0Nksj.jpg

Screenshot 2: ESD tailor lighting
78mvZ3u.jpg

This also coincides with a problem for the ship tailor where at ESD it has lighting for FED characters, but everywhere else (for FED) there is not.

Repro: enter any of the tailors mentioned.

2. Floating ears

Problem: Humanoid ears (female) do not attach to head models, set too far out

Screenshot:
8xMrCTW.jpg

3. Texture on bangs for Ponytail 01 - V2 is...serrated?

Problem: reflective component of hair texture looks to be applied in jagged strips that do not cover whole asset

Screenshot:
2zz1npt.jpg

4. Long Middle Parted - V2 is too set low on the cranium

Problem: scalp clips through hair part, all head models

Screenshot: (this is more dramatic in-game as the clipping "ripples" along the part as the head moves)
BnMheWK.jpg

Thank you for whatever time is put in from here.
Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
Post edited by duncanidaho11 on

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I'll add clipping issues with the male variant of the 2399 uniform here too. Screenshots spoiler tagged blow. Summary: all male pants except for TNG pants clip heavily with the 2399 uniform. All belts also clip through the uniform.

Source: precise sculpting of the waist region. It's outside of the standard STO range. For reference: uniforms like Antares, TNG command, Colony Service, 23c Starfleet Dress, and Discovery have approximately the same length and don't clip substantially (review those body dimensions, apply here. Incidentally the shoulders also look to be an inch higher compared to similar uniforms [ex. Diplomat, Odyssey]. That doesn't break as many customization pairings but it does contribute to the unusual proportions [overall, it feels too bulky].)

Screenshots:
    EO_8fPZXUAAngkj?format=jpg&name=360x360
    EO_8fPWWoAAJtiB?format=jpg&name=small
    EO_8fPUW4AA4UVG?format=jpg&name=360x360
    EO_8fPXX4AA3fM3?format=jpg&name=360x360
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    The legs for my Reman disappear when I apply the following.
    Reman%20lower%20uniform%20legs%20missing%20settings_zpswtkwtnog.jpg

Here is how she looks.
    [img][/img]Reman%20uniform%20skirt%20legs%20missing_zpsesdavi1e.jpg

Thanks!!
    P.S IDK why the photobucket image is there or how to get rid of it.