test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seriously...another infinity promo?!?

At this rate, you all might as well just turn these things on at all times. There is nothing special about them anymore when you just run another one a few weeks later.

Comments

• Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I was thinking something similar lol it does seem Cryptic has been running LOTS of sales over the last couple of months. I'm sure that's either a good thing or a potential bad thing, but Cryptic keeps saying STO is doing financially well.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    They always try to empty your Zen wallet before they make a major new addition to the c-store. But I agree with you. Sales and promotions have become so common, they might as well let them run all the time.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    They always try to empty your Zen wallet before they make a major new addition to the c-store. But I agree with you. Sales and promotions have become so common, they might as well let them run all the time.

I'd still never pull one...
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    the reply at your rhetorical question is : $ £ €
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I think it's been over two weeks since the last one so at least they gave folk a bit of relief between the pushes at gambling on worthless tat.

Another form of stagnation, they've pushed the low value gamble boxes so much folk are finally getting wise and not buying into them. So instead of changing tack they will just keep pushing and pushing and pushing til something breaks.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Back in the day we'd get 4 regularly timed promos per year. Since then, Cryptic has at least doubled that number but the upcoming promo falls under one of the 100% predictable 4 regularly timed promo events. OP shouldn't really be surprised here.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Not like it's a surprise. They've had them on like every month for a year already.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Carnival atmosphere. Sales and Promotions aplenty, constant Featured or Seasonal Events, some even stacked.

Step right up. Behind the curtain is a wonderous and amazing sight to behold. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Yes, it really is getting silly now.

Just leave the Infinity boxes permanently in the game. If you're just going to have a 'special' every 2 weeks, why remove them to begin with? Do you think you're creating the illusion of exclusivity?

It's ridiculous.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Back in the day we'd get 4 regularly timed promos per year. Since then, Cryptic has at least doubled that number but the upcoming promo falls under one of the 100% predictable 4 regularly timed promo events. OP shouldn't really be surprised here.

Well, doubled or more if you're counting the 1,2, and 4 day versions of the promo events. There were 6 of the standard 3 week type last year, as far as I can see. There were an additional 3 of the above-mentioned 1, 2, and 4 day promo ship deals last year, 1 of each.

The predictability of the timing went out the window with the increase in frequency of 3 week run a queue events. Back when there were 4 of those per year, the promo ship events roughly overlapped them, but now that there can be a 3 week queue right after another one has finished, the schedule is all over the place.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Possibly because we're leading up to the big 10 year anniversary.
    Although I am suffering a bit of event fatigue.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Looks like they wanted to get the Academy event done before the Omegas of the Anniversary starts up. It get's annoying when they overlap.

With the Academy training comes the Duty Officer sales and the promo. I don't mind it. Last time the Infinity Promo came up, I lucked out with two ships. The thing is for me, I need to save my Zen for later, so I got five this morning. All Lobi Crystals, but that's alright, I'll use them for the Anniversary Ship.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    And that's enough of this. I could see the smoke from the flamethrowers all the way over in Alpha Centari. /thread
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.