test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Into The Hive Advanced

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this. However, this TFO is hitting 40% and crashing for me. To top this off, it doesn't give a "safe login" selection on the character screen, so you character ends up getting trapped in a cycle of crashing every time you try to load in. I didn't see any post about this, and I'm about to put a ticket in about it.
Mm5NeXy.gif

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin Another non feedback post. This is more Support - graphics and sound
  • Options
    @trennan there is a safe mode login. Launcher - options - under game section - full screen or safe mode
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »
    @trennan there is a safe mode login. Launcher - options - under game section - full screen or safe mode

I mean the game crashes, you know to desktop, with the crash report. Not some funky little I can fix it with a bit of setting adjustment. It will right itself after about 15 minutes of wait. But before that, you get no safe login like you do if you DC. You go to try to load in again, crash to desktop. So it's in the appropriate spot.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »

I mean the game crashes, you know to desktop, with the crash report. Not some funky little I can fix it with a bit of setting adjustment. It will right itself after about 15 minutes of wait. But before that, you get no safe login like you do if you DC. You go to try to load in again, crash to desktop. So it's in the appropriate spot.

Force verify. uncheck on demand patching.
  • Options

Force verify takes longer than it does to wait. Which is basically, like I said, 10 minutes or so. On demand patching, if it was doing it in the map itself, yeah. But then I turned that off years ago. This is on trying to load into the TFO. I was going from DS9 to the TFO when this happened. With it righting itself, it may not even happen again. It was just my first random of the day. So this may go along with that and just be a random occurrence.

I guess this is what I get for wanting to fleet mark farm. Random TFOs are good for that, cause the random tfo reward boxes.

But on this, even it if is just a random occurrence. Better safe than sorry. I mean they have the crash reports to verify. Which I like, never seen that popup until now. I normally get the map change DC. The game has seldom ever crashed to desktop for me.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options

Force verify takes longer than it does to wait. Which is basically, like I said, 10 minutes or so. On demand patching, if it was doing it in the map itself, yeah. But then I turned that off years ago. This is on trying to load into the TFO. I was going from DS9 to the TFO when this happened. With it righting itself, it may not even happen again. It was just my first random of the day. So this may go along with that and just be a random occurrence.

I guess this is what I get for wanting to fleet mark farm. Random TFOs are good for that, cause the random tfo reward boxes.

But on this, even it if is just a random occurrence. Better safe than sorry. I mean they have the crash reports to verify. Which I like, never seen that popup until now. I normally get the map change DC. The game has seldom ever crashed to desktop for me.

You definitely have corrupted files somewhere. Force verify will correct that, but as you are unwilling to do that the only option then is to do a full reinstall.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

You definitely have corrupted files somewhere. Force verify will correct that, but as you are unwilling to do that the only option then is to do a full reinstall.

No, not unwilling, having to do so now. Just got Into the Hive Adv again, and yup, crash to desktop again. Which is why I reported it. They, just redid this one, some things like this are to be expected. And right now, this is the only one I've ran into it with. I did it for the event TFO today without a problem.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    And the force verify didn't help. Character is still trying to load into the Vega Underground Facility, and crashing to desktop when hitting 40%.

40.98% to be precise.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    Al Rivera Retweeted
    Star Trek Online
    @trekonlinegame
    Two Borg Related Things:
    1) To make up for yesterday, we're extending The Borg Resurgence by an additional day on PC. Have fun unlocking your items!
    2) Avoid the mission Butterfly, and possibly other Borg Ground content for now. We're looking into an issue that's causing a crash.

That.. answers that. Not sure how we're suppose to avoid it when it pops up on a random queue. But, hey, it's a known issue.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    Al Rivera Retweeted
    Star Trek Online
    @trekonlinegame
    Two Borg Related Things:
    1) To make up for yesterday, we're extending The Borg Resurgence by an additional day on PC. Have fun unlocking your items!
    2) Avoid the mission Butterfly, and possibly other Borg Ground content for now. We're looking into an issue that's causing a crash.

That.. answers that. Not sure how we're suppose to avoid it when it pops up on a random queue. But, hey, it's a known issue.

Missed that tweet ... dang. Well hopefully maintenance today will fix it. But you should really post in the correct sub category. This has been bug issue not feedback.
  • Options
    Well it's more feedback now. Having seen that it was a known issue. Especially with it happening, and I was watching and it crashing at the same percentage each time. Which, I know from just me alone, from trying, they have like 5 crash reports.

Which is 40.98% as I said. So, the problem is in the load order for it right at the 41% mark.

But, if it gets moved, it gets moved.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I was able to play Into the Hive: Normal Ground last night without any bugs except waiting for a non-existent timer and the D'Vak pop-up to show up indicating what section to do next as well as getting killed during the Borg Queen cutscene. So it was fixed on Thursday according to Reddit though I have heard that having Lighting 2.0 on can cause crashes on this map so it is suggested you turn the Bloom quality down, turn off Lighting 2.0 to proceed, or toggle Post Processing on/off. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I was able to play Into the Hive: Normal Ground last night without any bugs except waiting for a non-existent timer and the D'Vak pop-up to show up indicating what section to do next as well as getting killed during the Borg Queen cutscene. So it was fixed on Thursday according to Reddit though I have heard that having Lighting 2.0 on can cause crashes on this map so it is suggested you turn the Bloom quality down or turn off Lighting 2.0 to proceed. Thanks. :)

Thing here is, all I have on is Lighting 2.Ouch and Dynamic lighting. Bloom, lens flares, screen-space ambient, cinematic focus, and underwater view have all been turned off for years.

I played the Normal ground TFO event version just find the day this happened. This was just what was happening on Random TFO Advanced. I wasn't specifically queuing for it.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I was able to play Into the Hive: Normal Ground last night without any bugs except waiting for a non-existent timer and the D'Vak pop-up to show up indicating what section to do next as well as getting killed during the Borg Queen cutscene. So it was fixed on Thursday according to Reddit though I have heard that having Lighting 2.0 on can cause crashes on this map so it is suggested you turn the Bloom quality down or turn off Lighting 2.0 to proceed. Thanks. :)

Thing here is, all I have on is Lighting 2.Ouch and Dynamic lighting. Bloom, lens flares, screen-space ambient, cinematic focus, and underwater view have all been turned off for years.

I played the Normal ground TFO event version just find the day this happened. This was just what was happening on Random TFO Advanced. I wasn't specifically queuing for it.

Hmm, I have heard that toggling Post-processing on/off and applying the settings also helps.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.