test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reports of the TFOs are not giving daily credit but T6 coupon credit

I'm seeing a lot of reports of the TFOs Conduit and Khitomer Vortex not giving credit for the 14 day completion but giving daily credit towards the T6 coupon. A few reported it in general zone chat on DS9 just now and saw it in SOL space zone chat as well.

Comments

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Can confirm. Just did a PUG ISE, I think it only gave the T6 coupon progression (though not entirely sure on this). Queued up using event menu on another toon for infected space didn't give anything.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • mechaczmechacz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I did all 3 at Advanced, got nothing. Then i tried Event window "Join TFO" and got nothing....
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    None of them give event progress.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I got Event progress for ISA, showing 1/14. I had already earned my coupon during the last event, though.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I used the old FTFO commendation. Instead of taking 14 as it has done in the past to complete, it only took 7 (IS THIS WORKING AS INTENDED?)

It did complete and get full rewards (I already claimed the 2nd T6 coupon, so can't opine on that reward).

I did ISA and got the first daily 2500 dil after claiming the reward.

edit: daily dil bonus has progressed to 5000 for next time, so the error from last event that held the bonus from progressing does not appear to have carried over.
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Just did all 3 of the reworked TFOs.

No event campaign progress.

No T6 coupon progress.

• rwillarddev#0892 rwillarddev Member Posts: 17 Cryptic Developer
    For anyone experiencing issues with not getting progress in the Borg event. Can I get some info from you? Where did you queue up from (IE. From the event UI, TFO list or private match)? What difficulty? Where you in a team? Did you claim your rewards before checking? Also, did you check right after completion and if you did, have you looked since (Incase the reward is being given late)?

Trying to narrow down situations where this happens to help test.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I used the old FTFO commendation. Instead of taking 14 as it has done in the past to complete, it only took 7 (IS THIS WORKING AS INTENDED?)
    I doubt it, but it would be nice to know. @baddmoonrizin can you ask about this, please? So we know for sure?

Also, I got the daily progress on the first run (ISA), but I already had the T6 token, so I don't know how that can influence the whole thing... or if it does at all.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Confirming, just ran Infected Conduit: Advanced. Got the marks-box, plus the daily marks bonus, plus the 50 T6 coupon points, but didn't count for the Featured Event daily reward - still shows 0/14 and the countdown timer is clear.

First run on first character, so it's not like any other runs interfered.

I logged in, hit the PVE Task Force Ops button below the mini-map, scrolled to Infect Conduit, selected Advanced, clicked the checkmark. Solo, and I claimed the marks box/daily (Gamma marks for me) before checking the completion. As I was leaving the map, I saw comments that it didn't count, so I hit J to bring up Events page and checked there - timer was at 0, counter was at 0/14. Checked the Featured tab 5 minutes later, still no point.

Will try a different entry method next time.
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Where did you queue from?

Delta Quadrant (main toon), Sol system (alt) -> both from the event UI.

Were you in a team?

Was not in a team.

Did you claim rewards?

Did claim rewards.

How long have you waited?
    Have checked again - still no reward and it's 30+ minutes on as the first completion is now off cooldown.
    I doubt it, but it would be nice to know. @baddmoonrizin can you ask about this, please? So we know for sure?

Also, I got the daily progress on the first run (ISA), but I already had the T6 token, so I don't know how that can influence the whole thing... or if it does at all.​​

You would be amazed at what can make a bug occur. So I guess my next question is, did anyone that finished the T6 coupon not get event progress?
  • zysalianzysalian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    For anyone experiencing issues with not getting progress in the Borg event. Can I get some info from you? Where did you queue up from (IE. From the event UI, TFO list or private match)? What difficulty? Where you in a team? Did you claim your rewards before checking? Also, did you check right after completion and if you did, have you looked since (Incase the reward is being given late)?

Trying to narrow down situations where this happens to help test.

1- Queued up from Events UI menu.
    2- Ran all three featured task forces at Easy and Infected Space at Advanced (via Events menu). Always a pick-up group.
    3- Claimed rewards before leaving area at all cases.

Got one "step" of progress towards free T6 ship but no progress towards actual event, still showing as "Daily Available" regarding event progress after all the above STFs.
  • erenor80erenor80 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I thought this could help: i just did my first STO using the button from the events tab (the one that's grayed out in the screenshot) and received (as you can see in the chat log) the 50 points for the campaign progress. I did some damage (as you can see i received some Expertise so i was NOT AFK). Still, the progress for the Featured Event is 0/14. I don't have a lot of time to play anymore, i sincerely hope that the devs will give the missing progress to the players who di the STO.

Thank you,
    Erenor.

UPzkiWH.jpg

• fltcaptalanfltcaptalan Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I did ISA with the special event tag through the normal TFO menu, and it rewarded me the normal rewards, plus the 50 T6 progress, but no daily event progress, tried KVN through the event menu and still no daily progress.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Second attempt, logged back in, hit J, Events tab, Join TFO on Infected Conduit (starting from ESD).

Put me into normal version, completed it, got the Marks/Daily choice, picked Doscovery, hit J, checked Events, still no Featured Event progress. Cooldown Timer stays at 0, progress stays at 0/14.

Left map, waited 5 mins on ESD, checked Events tab again, no change.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Same. No event progress. I think I got coupon progress, but I'm not sure.

Either way, I joined from the event menu and did IS each time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I also have some more info: a fleetmate of mine did the first run on ISA and got the last bit of progress he needed to be granted the T6 Coupon, but not the daily progress for the event.
    He then ran Khitomer (not sure if normal or advanced) and obtained the daily progress.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    I'll give a report after I get my run in today. Patching now.

Variable for me: T6 token already obtained.

Theory: It may be blocking 14 day progression until T6 token claimed, as if one is blocking the other.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Just did all 3 of the reworked TFOs.

No event campaign progress.

No T6 coupon progress.

Same for me.
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    I ran ISE Normal (Not Advanced or Elite) and got the daily credit (now showing 1/14).

I have previously gotten my T6 ship, although I received the notification that I received progress towards it as well (this is normal though - I've had this in the last event too).

I wonder if the problem is that it doesn't work on Advanced?
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I ran ISE Normal (Not Advanced or Elite) and got the daily credit (now showing 1/14).

I have previously gotten my T6 ship, although I received the notification that I received progress towards it as well (this is normal though - I've had this in the last event too).

I wonder if the problem is that it doesn't work on Advanced?

I think safest is to just always run it via the 'join' button on the Event tab.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Heres a question. What difficulty did you play the TFOs on?

Event TFOs are typically normal mode only, so maybe only the normal versions of the TFOs are giving out progress?

In the past, any difficulty level counted. Its just that Normal is the fastest and most effecient. Therefore the one to most likely to pop.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I played first on advanced and got the 1/14 progress. However I have the coupon already. So maybe they are blocking if you don't have it.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Thank you everyone, the original theory I was working on was that it had to do with the T6 meta but I got reports that it doesn't seem to matter. Pretty much everyone is on this right now.

I saw someone say they didn't get T6 meta progress, did you claim your reward packs by chance? Also do you have stuff in your overflow bag?
  • stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Theory: It may be blocking 14 day progression until T6 token claimed, as if one is blocking the other.

Seems to be that's what is happening. Those who already got the T6 are getting credit and those not are not getting credit.

rattler2 wrote: »

Seems to be that's what is happening. Those who already got the T6 are getting credit and those not are not getting credit.

Nope, already excluded that as a factor since I have reports from players that have the token and didn't get the daily progress.
    Reporting in:

Recieved credit for 14 day.

Character: Fed TOS Science
    Queue method: Event UI
    Difficulty Level: Default for Event UI (Normal)
    Team status when Queued: Solo
    Variable: Already claimed T6 Token from previous event.

Figured I'd give my report in detail in case there's something that can be learned not just from people who aren't getting it, but from people who are. Every little bit helps to narrow down the cause after all.
This discussion has been closed.