test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If we could get a battlezone for Disco faction, what should it be?

littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
I've been thinking about this recently. If we were to get a battlezone for Discovery rep, what would you want it to be?

A ground battlezone with Klingons and/or creatures from that strange creature's dimension/universe? Battles in space with Klingons or some weird faction we have yet to meet?
Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    A disco variant of Breaking the Planet with Disco Klingons, Terrans and/or Elachi popping up.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Every time I see "Disco Klingons", I imagine John Travolta as a Klingon in a white tuxedo with Staying Alive in the background.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Every time I see "Disco Klingons", I imagine John Travolta as a Klingon in a white tuxedo with Staying Alive in the background.

That would be less offensive in my opinion.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I guess a map where we hunt and destroy discovery is out right? :smile:

I guess a space map vs. Klingons then. Just not like goncra...that would be bad.
    A space version of the Dyson ground map vs Klingons.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    The Shroomzone, where we fly around blowing up corrupted space mushrooms in the mycelial realm

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I would rather support having a portal that those of the DSC faction can use to go back to their time-frame since they do not spend enough time there. The same with the TOS faction it would also helps those who are stuck in the current time frame and have not finished all the missions in the TOS/DSC time frame.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    A Mycelial Rift seems the most likely candidate for the current plot-line. As a unique selling point, I think it would be interesting if there were two contesting enemy factions at play - J'ula and Elachi. They would launch strikes against each as well as trying to reclaim points taken by players. Completely pushing one of them off the map would trigger a retaliatory invasion force/Boss event. Pushing both off the map would trigger a 10-minute bonus non-combat phase where you can run around and collect rare crafting resources or something.

Personally though, I still want a battlezone for Iconian Marks.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    "what should it be? " a place where I would never go :p
  • bhe#8528 bhe Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    a ground battlezone based on a ship where we need to take back control of different sections
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    None.
    Battlegrounds are always empty so its a waste of resources, unless they put in something like a new line in the Endeavour that is a Battlezone Endeavour and it cycles through them daily, but even then noone will do them unless they reward them handsomely.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Anything ground. There are enough space BZs already.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Like the TFO where you run around dismantling torpedoes? Only a lot bigger? sounds good to me.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    The Tzenkethi are such unique models, I had hoped they'd gotten a ground BZ instead of the space one. As far as DSC... Tardigrade rodeo.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Like the TFO where you run around dismantling torpedoes? Only a lot bigger? sounds good to me.
    Personally I thought copypasting the episode and calling it a TFO was pretty lazy and would rather see them do something new, but sure, that's as good an in interact as the stuff in the other BZs.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Replace the Deferi (and therefore Defera) with the Kelpiens.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    A corner of the bar on nimbus seems ideal for a disco based BZ that follows the gamma quadrant model of hanging about unable to do anything productive until 4 others decide they're bored enough with life to join in.
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Replace the Deferi (and therefore Defera) with the Kelpiens.

Only if there's a BBQ pit.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Clearly it should be a dance battle. And Club outfits should be allowed there.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Clearly it should be a dance battle. And Club outfits should be allowed there.

We all have a dance party under a disco ball while smoking shrooms!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
This discussion has been closed.