test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 12/06/19

moonroachmoonroach Member Posts: 29 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to ST.100.201911124a.7

Ships:
  • Added the Type 8, Type 8B Materials and the Type 5 and Type 6 windows to the Guardian Class Cruiser.
Systems:
  • Ground Borg will now adapt slower to weapons that have a lot of damage tics per firing cycle.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing the, “Engineering Kit Module - Beam Turret”, The Jem'hadar version, to have a plasma DOT.
  • Added three new commands, which can be run through the chat window or keybound:
    • /Cooldowns - opens or closes the "Reward Cooldowns" window otherwise accessible. from the PvE Task Force Operations window.
    • /Bridge - takes you to your Starship's Bridge.
    • /ShuttleBridge - takes you to your Shuttle's Bridge.

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Thank you, moonroach :)

Nice to be able to get to the bridges through a command, as well as the drop down UI.

It was a big patch for what seems to be a small update, but then again, there's always background and connectivity patches, and adding stuff for the upcoming 'Season' update :)
  • sfdrew83sfdrew83 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Is it possible for someone to take a look at the issue that prevents some of us from signing up for tribble? When I login with my second account it all works fine, but on my main account the character copy page just refreshes when I click the "sign-up" button. Lots of us are having this problem and we'd like to use tribble as well. We have sent in tickets, used the forums, reddit, etc., for months and nobody has acknowledged this problem exists.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Ohh, those commands seem like nifty additions.
    I need a beer.

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    Only took em what, 6 years to finally get around to looking at borg adaptation again? I'd say just remove it. Slowing down how quickly it affects rapid fire weapons is nice, but it needs a serious overhaul, because people mostly just use GUNS if they want to kill borg since physical damage can't be adapted to. I'd recommend something like, change Adaptation to just increase their damage resistance to something by a certain amount, like how the Elite Fleet shields from the starbase work.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    yeah, funnily enough, the borg have never adapted to blades or bullets because we've only seen a couple examples of borg being killed by those things - of course, the same is true for energy weapons; a few can be killed before the rest become protected

if picard had kept using that tommygun, the borg would've found SOME way to adapt to that as well...because that's what they do​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • renzourinrenzourin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The nature of energy shields makes it difficult for them to resist kinetic damage. An energy attack such as a phaser beam can be completely negated because it has no mass. But not even the Borg can defy the laws of the universe. Even if the Borg's adaptive shielding stops the bullet from a tommy. The kinetic energy from its mass has to go somewhere. Its the same concept as blunt weapon's being used against armored knights in the medieval era. I'm no physics expert but I suspect that shields blocking kinetic damage means they have to transfer that energy somewhere. Since Energy is mass less in of itself I dont believe it can hold or absorb that kinetic energy. So it gets transferred to the ship and or borg in this case. Same reasoning as to why Torpedo's cant be completely resisted either. While the borg might be able to adapt the shielding to bullets of phyiscal damage. They can't stop the effects of the bullets or a sword from knocking them around.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    moonroach wrote: »
    Resolved an issue that was causing the, “Engineering Kit Module - Beam Turret”, The Jem'hadar version, to have a plasma DOT.

I posted this on Reddit about a month ago. Someone should look into the firing rate on Jem'Hadar polaron turrets and the long-range damage on Romulan flamethrower turrets.

https://old.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/dpfoe6/pc_patch_notes_for_103119/f5v6bbu/
    I'd suggest looking more closely at this module. It doesn't seem to fire very often, at least not as often as the phaser turrets on my Feds or the disruptor turrets on my KDF officers. Mostly, the polaron turret seems to just sit there, occasionally letting out a beam or two. Note that I'm talking about the polaron turret that came with my Jem'Hadar engineer; I have not tried other turrets on that character.

Also, the long-range attack on the Romulan flamethrower turret has extremely low damage, around a third of the damage of a regular beam turret of similar mark and rarity. When kit powers were converted into modules, there was a bug that caused all turrets to have very low damage. CrypticSpartan fixed this bug on regular turrets a while ago, but not on flamethrower turrets. As it stands, the long-range attack on the flamethrower turret is pretty useless. If the damage is going to be so low, you might as well remove the long-range attack and let us equip both a regular turret and a flamethrower turret at the same time.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png