test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Fastest Game on Ice" still has 20 hour cooldown

inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
edited December 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
With the new requirements for the event, it makes no sense for the race mission to have a 20-hour cool down timer any more.

15 minutes, like the "Flying High" mission on Rosa makes sense.

This affects PS4 too, and likely Xbox.
- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Doesn't really matter since you only need run it once per day anyway.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    I personally have no problem with the 20-hour cooldown timer for the Winter Event but give it a 15-minute cooldown when you are just running the race and not for the ship. Also, the planet is called Risa.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I personally have no problem with the 20-hour cooldown timer for the Winter Event ...
    NO problem with that here, either. The 20-hour cooldown on the race made sense when the race was what earned you event progress, but now that any event earns the progress, the cooldown on the race coule be drastically reduced.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Why would you want to run the race if you don't have event progress up? It has no other reward.
  • Options
    It rewards an ornament. Easy alternative if there's another event ongoing that you do not like.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Ooooo! That would be great!! I love that race! :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    It rewards an ornament. Easy alternative if there's another event ongoing that you do not like.
    Not really related to the race (or the CD issue for the race), but as a partially related side note just in case some don't know this:

Beside doffing winter event missions in WW and your two levels of MAIN faction's area (e.g. ESD and academy) which can be done on multiple or any char you have, you can also go to the town of Neelix and Cones of Conduct mission is done, relatively near Neelix (with its own quest mark,)

-there is another building with a Breen outside it with a quest mark on it. Talking to him can initiate a cookie/cake eating context on the table nearby, which is funny, relatively easy, takes about 1:15 mins, and has 15 mins CD time if I remember correctly, and (at least from what I could see up to now) gives more than a single event ornament. While playing this, try to eat the smaller ones if possible. A bit far from most activities probably but still a viable option.

Consider though you may have to spend some time looking for way out of that town if you tend to be lost :)