test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcement - SRS Exploration System is now live - take a look.

srsfleetarmada#1068 srsfleetarmada Member Posts: 38 Arc User
The SRS Exploration System. The most ambitious exploration system ever conceived for Star Trek online. Together we will explore every nook and cranny of the STO universe, take scans, make reports, analyse, photograph and upload our findings to the SRS Exploration database (members only), viewable for all to see. At the same time members will gain valuable MRP to put towards prizes throughout the year.

Here is our latest trailer for the system.

Here is the website link to get started. Remember, only fleet members can upload, but anyone can browse, share, download.

https://www.srs-fleet.net/srsexplorationsystem

There is a full tutorial on this page and below if you are interested in learning more or copying the idea for your own fleet. Let me know if you need any help.

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Sounds interesting. But part of your post doesn't make sense; are the results going to be available for 'all to see' or for 'members only'; as they are mutually exclusive clauses.

Also; is this a sneaky way to get around the forum rule of 'no recruitment' posts?
  • equinox976 wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. But part of your post doesn't make sense; are the results going to be available for 'all to see' or for 'members only'; as they are mutually exclusive clauses.

Also; is this a sneaky way to get around the forum rule of 'no recruitment' posts?

Thank you for your reply.

To clarify, anyone will be able to view the sector and other maps as well as the fileshare system, you will be able to copy, download and share images, logs, reports etc. Only members will be able to add to the database.

Regarding the no recruitment rule, no, we have a recruitment post in the fleets section and we have 9 fleets already, recruitment is not an issue, we just thought it may be of interest to the general population. If the mods wish to remove this then please go ahead.

• This is now live, I have updated the opening post.
  • w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Oh neat... a G*ogle Earth for Star Trek Online!
    With Street View thrown in ;)
  • w00q wrote: »
    Oh neat... a G*ogle Earth for Star Trek Online!
    With Street View thrown in ;)

Haha I like that!
  • daskumadaskuma Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Matt,
    Thank You for the great addition that you have made to the Star Trek Online Universe with the SRS Exploration System. It's fun and allows you to gain SRS Mission Replay Points at your own pace and own time. Not all Explorers are good Tacticians and vice versa. This allows those that do not have a "Meta" ship or all the right gear to still participate and compete with other players. Through your SRS Armada and your hard work, over the years. you have added to and in this case re-invigorated material in the game that is underutilized or not being used at all. There is A LOT out there in the STO Universe, go explore have fun!

These are the adventures of the Members of SRS.
    Our ongoing mission is to explore strange new worlds;
    and seek out new life and new civilizations;
    to re-imagine and reinvigorate game play in Star Trek Online;
    We will Boldly go where no Armada has gone before
  • daskuma wrote: »
    Matt,
    Thank You for the great addition that you have made to the Star Trek Online Universe with the SRS Exploration System. It's fun and allows you to gain SRS Mission Replay Points at your own pace and own time. Not all Explorers are good Tacticians and vice versa. This allows those that do not have a "Meta" ship or all the right gear to still participate and compete with other players. Through your SRS Armada and your hard work, over the years. you have added to and in this case re-invigorated material in the game that is underutilized or not being used at all. There is A LOT out there in the STO Universe, go explore have fun!

These are the adventures of the Members of SRS.
    Our ongoing mission is to explore strange new worlds;
    and seek out new life and new civilizations;
    to re-imagine and reinvigorate game play in Star Trek Online;
    We will Boldly go where no Armada has gone before

Thanks @Daskuma, I will let Matt know, I'm sure he's already read this although I know this system is taking many hours a day of his time.

This discussion has been closed.