test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A big environmental suit problem

I have a big problem.
After I changed my basic uniform, I went to mine for dilithium. Here when I switched to an environmental suit, my appearance did not change unless I activated it. (In my first outfit it was visible without activation.) Then I just saw that there was a feature called "enable visual" and I turned it on. Ever since it is doesn't matter, if I enable or not a basic environmental suit is visible to me which disappeared anyway from my slot then. Yeah and it's useless for my whole character mining. Even though I switch to another environmental suit, the visual remains and when I go down to my asteroid my character drowns. This visual (the basic environmental suit) is retained even if nothing is loaded.

Comments

• Options
    jatszompc#5609 jatszompc Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I tried to change my look with the tailor, but it failed.
  • Options
    rocketman33#0665 rocketman33 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I already have a ticket in on this. I believe this only impacts my new JH Gamma recruit. Is it the same for you, or is this an old character ?
  • Options
    It's an old character. And now I tried the Section 31 holo gear and this is also didn't change the visual only makes me fat looks.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    what happens if you go to small craft for example and there change the suits for your chars and boffs and then go to (orbit and) ground to check?

[just asking since I don't know if it will help you and if NR was like nakura in that regard or if I had the issue at all, considering. I only know I finished a NR EV suits' instance today on my KDF Jem and after going to the shuttle at least and doing the above just in case, I didn't notice the issue.]

*Ofc IF such works, it's not a bugfix, only a workaround.

Late edit/significant update from my side based on others' reactions on other thread: THIS POST IS LIKELY NON APPLICABLE; I used old free ones so my example above doesn't applicable especially as others said they couldn't switch to armor in a small craft to fix the issue.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    I received a letter from support saying that the development team was aware of the issue and I can be sure it will be fixed soon.
  • Options
    vampirerx#7985 vampirerx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I hope this right, my dev couldn’t really offer me much except a rollback, to a previous unbugged state. Note: that means losing quite a bit of items, like millions of EC and some 60k dilithium not to mention the newly XV upgrade gear set for Jem’Hadar space gear.(shield, deflector and engines). But I told them that I can’t nor do I want to play that character any further whilst looking like a cheap EV suit. Rollback is an option but one I’m not happy with
  • Options
    The big problem solved, the little... I do not tested yet. The patch worked and it was fast. Thank you for that development and support team!
  • Options
    errikos#6009 errikos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    response from a GM below -- TL;DR was going to give them money :) , not any more :(

While I understand that this is not necessarily a snap-finger-fix, the response and the lack of direction will see me walk away from the game. Just needed to say we aren't closing the ticket, we will follow up, we will keep you included on any future updates(maybe this will fix, please check). Anything better than... yep, issue, we will fix(but not now and we do not know when), case closed.

Maybe I haven't spent enough, I was not even offered a rollback.
    Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Having looked into this further, it appears that you encountered a known gameplay bug that our development team is already looking into. While Customer Support is unable to assist right away with fixing potential bugs or glitches, the best thing that I could do for you at the moment is suggesting you directly submit a bug report. The information it contains will help the Development team in conducting the investigation. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/gameplay-bug-reports

I understand that this may be quite disappointing. These kinds of problems need time to be investigated in order for the fixes to be made and applied in-game. Your information and details provided about this problem will greatly help the development team with creating a fix for it. We appreciate any data that you can gather and post about it. You can check out the forums in case other players may have the same issue as yours and had a fix for it. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news

In the event that you still have other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to send us a new support ticket and we will be happy to help you. Live long and prosper!
    Regards,
    GM Valxr
    Game Master
  • Options
    response from a GM below -- TL;DR was going to give them money :) , not any more :(

While I understand that this is not necessarily a snap-finger-fix, the response and the lack of direction will see me walk away from the game. Just needed to say we aren't closing the ticket, we will follow up, we will keep you included on any future updates(maybe this will fix, please check). Anything better than... yep, issue, we will fix(but not now and we do not know when), case closed.

Maybe I haven't spent enough, I was not even offered a rollback.
    Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Having looked into this further, it appears that you encountered a known gameplay bug that our development team is already looking into. While Customer Support is unable to assist right away with fixing potential bugs or glitches, the best thing that I could do for you at the moment is suggesting you directly submit a bug report. The information it contains will help the Development team in conducting the investigation. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/gameplay-bug-reports

I understand that this may be quite disappointing. These kinds of problems need time to be investigated in order for the fixes to be made and applied in-game. Your information and details provided about this problem will greatly help the development team with creating a fix for it. We appreciate any data that you can gather and post about it. You can check out the forums in case other players may have the same issue as yours and had a fix for it. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news

In the event that you still have other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to send us a new support ticket and we will be happy to help you. Live long and prosper!
    Regards,
    GM Valxr
    Game Master

Today's fix solved the problem. Checked out!