test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CANT GET PAST THE SPLASH SCREEN SINCE LAST PATCH

captadammcaptadamm Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Every since the last patch on tuesday my computer crashes during the splash screen/loading , have tried to restart pc, force verify, safe mode, nothing is helping it was working fine until then any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I switched game proxy (1st load is lengthy. But even after force verify while patch on demand was off, I couldn't chose a character but I was able to go to the character screen) and only then could login for the 1st time after the patch. but no idea if it works/good - now EVERY TIME I switch char I have chat system silently offline, since patch!

TBH I am not very impressed by the patch (it caused me a lot of issues as I see it) but appreciate devs trying to solve the issues.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    after 4 hours of patching today, same problem
  • Options
    tried updating windows, still no go
  • Options
    Khaaaaaaaaan!!!!
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    One suggestion that i found usefull on my end the last time i had something like this happen was to go into the advanced option under options and decrease the bloom quality to less then 30 percent. This did work for me and still does, I will not guarantee it solves your problem but it may be worth a try. If you can get to the character screen you can go into options and access graphics settings.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I think they might not even able to arrive there if you meant from the GUI.

Anyway. as a total newbie, some things which may worth to throughly and very carefully check. maybe darkbladejk and engineerb4 can help here, I don't know. (I know they saw and found some landing page issues in the past)

1. Something which may be linked: there was in the past some fix regarding no full screen on 1st load of the game (to allow login I suppose, I don't remember even the faint details I knew but but there was something like the 1st time gamma calibration screen jumped together with the code, or one could not switch windows to get the code by mail or have focus of mouse to enter the sent code or to deal with the calibrator.) this fix may have been reverted or there is a regression, off course I can't really know. It could be in general some fixes were reverted somehow in the 12th of Nov's patch.

2. Maybe something got messed up with the landing page which could have caused multiple issue - really no idea here if could be relevant.

3. There was some crash (especially BUT PROBABLY NOT ONLY by being idle or by not clicking immediately - maybe also involving a memory leak?) related to the landing page in the past - faint option but who knows. Since I was not the only one who had the issue and yet it turned out I had a dying hardware then I can't comment more productively on that point.

4. Despite linux not being officially supported, I wonder if the issue of the chat system not reconnecting for linux users when switching chars (only), may be somehow related to the crash/freeze/being unable to login on startup others have here.
  • Options
    phoric#1415 phoric Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have the same problem! Reinstalled Arc/STO, checked my Intel Drivers were up-to-date using Intel's Utility Program, regenerated my GamePrefs.Pref file, ensured everything else was up-to-date using Windows Update, but still the game launcher's crashing on 'STO Awakening' screen :/
  • Options
    kc0iwskc0iws Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am having the same problem since the patch for the Voth TFO Event. Crashing in the STO Awakening spash screen. Even with the latest patches it still crashes. STO worked good before the patch.

I have un-installed and did a clean install.
    All Drivers are up to date.

Currently System Set-up
    Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop
    Windows 10 (fully Updated)
    DX12
    Pentium Dual core T4400
    3Gb ram
    250Gb HDD
    Intel Series 4 Express Family video chipset WDDM 1.1 (on latest driver)
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Intel Series 4 Express Family video chipset WDDM 1.1? Intel doesn't even support that card anymore. Any driver would be like 8 years old and even isn't really Win10 compatible.
  • Options
    smacairtsmacairt Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Intel Series 4 Express Family video chipset WDDM 1.1? Intel doesn't even support that card anymore. Any driver would be like 8 years old and even isn't really Win10 compatible.

Microsoft has drivers for the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family for Win10 apperently. Still only WDDM 1.1 though.
    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=mobile intel 4 express chipset
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    smacairt wrote: »

Microsoft has drivers for the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family for Win10 apperently. Still only WDDM 1.1 though.
    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=mobile intel 4 express chipset

Yea, it says Win10 but it's just the same old Win8 driver and it's from 2013.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    The game wont run on old drivers, even with my nvidia 940m if the driver is older than a year, the game dont run at all..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!