test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Event Dil Bonus Change?

wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
For the KM event, if you used the old Commendation vouchers, then did the event, the escalating dil bonus was awarded starting the first day. Day 1 2500, Day 2 5000, Day 3 7500 until you hit 25000 where it continued until the last day of the event.

I used the old vouchers, claimed my prize and ran current event by trying two of the new patrols.

I received the 2500 dil bonus yesterday on Day 1. Today, I ran it again, and only received 2500 dil, not 5000 dil. According to the event tab, the next reward will also only be 2500 dil - no escalation of amount.

Anyone else noticed this? Has this changed and is working as intended or is there a bug that is preventing the "escalation" of the dil reward each day?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I'll test it today, perhaps is a bug or something.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Next time you guys run if you think about it, hit me with a few screenshots. Need a photo to demonstrate you've filled up the bar, a photo demonstrating the amount of dilithium rewarded IE the message it puts in the chat and your @handle in game. If you're not comfortable with posting your @handle in the thread here you can PM this info to me privately. Just let me know that you're PMing me about this particular bug.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Based on how it worked with the KM, the bonus should start on the first day if you've used the tokens to complete it.

Some on Reddit are reporting the same thing, but ONLY if you use the patrols to complete the event, while doing the STF award the full bonus.
    Here's the link if you want to take a look and comment (or not) there, too: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/dvshhz/breach_event_is_not_awarding_increasing_dilithium/​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Both days, I used the new patrols. I have a couple friends who used Breach and are not experiencing the same problem.

I may go back and run Breach once to see what happens.

Update: ran Breach. Still shows 2500 for next dil reward and timer for cooldown remains from the previous Patrol runs
    Post edited by wideningxgyre on
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Mine showed 5,000 for the next when I ran it yesterday.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    MAY be linked (I don't know):

Event (2/2 filled on each of two days - I saw those filled from zero to 2/2 each days) gave me only 50 advance total for those two days. I don't know which day's is missed, but one is.

I do have other issues reported elsewhere which may be linked to connectivity though, I don't know. But I could play and make patrols, get (buggy) rewards for administration system tasks (reported elsewhere. daily bonus stays on) and sometimes (unless switched character maybe) chat.

Also, in case that matters, I got the points by patrols but no advance for one of the days.

As for networking, ping was non accurately 200+-310'ish as checked today in game and while constantly having those issues since the patch (only chat system's availability changes after switching chars it gets off and after relog and switching a proxy again it was on. I also had long load screen on 1st game start after patch, couldn't select a char at all on 1st start of the game since patching, until tried again AND switched a proxy. Tried force verify too just in case.)

Update (14/11 before maintenance): after what I see now (those bugs are consistent, admiralty and progression issues appear also for others and the progression/dilitium issue with patrol is a known found bug, I can play, and anytime I switch a char I get an offline chat system) I don't think it's (solely) connectivity issue on my side or in the middle. There is something else in my opinion here which causes also some non declared known strange issues since the last patch which I encountered then for the 1st time in this consistency and manifestation. Again, since I'm a newbie I can't help much here.
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Note, it might not only be dilitium, it's advance, allegedly, too. (I am at 4/28, not supposed to get that dilitium but am supposed to get 50 advance for 2/2 per day)

Also, I guess it means we lost a day since I have 2/2 today and had 2/2 yestaerday so I think TFO will not help now? (just asking)

Due to my mild physical difficulties this TFO is especially difficult for me, even on event version (getting lost / stuck / losing control when it matters / failing to notice etc). It's sometimes doable though even if I got AFK banned in the past due to such, or (mostly) just got stuck / lost etc. I hope a solution will be found. BTW, switched a ship for that TFO on a char, (plan: not "too fast", not "too slow", not too big and with an existing layout) but didn't try it recently. while it probably doesn't shoot well I hope it will be more doable regarding turns. Will see how it goes, I may chose to ditch the event if can't do TFO minimally well and having this issue with the patrols. I may grind to the t6 on the next pug in such case.

Thanks for answer above and checking
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
  • Options

Thanks for the update.

Will stick to the Breach, then.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I did the patrols day 1 after buying out with tokens, no increase in the bonus for day 2. Day 2 I did Breach and the bonus increased for day 3. I suppose I'll have to stick to breach because 25000 dil is a big loss on the back end.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Today is supposed to be a patch for this. If for whatever reason it still doesn't work for you guys let me know and i will pass it up the chain.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Today is supposed to be a patch for this. If for whatever reason it still doesn't work for you guys let me know and i will pass it up the chain.

Thank you :)

I personally hope this patch affect also (future) registered advance toward the T6 after two daily patrols (which I missed one day of) and not only the dilitium - this may be the same issue/reason (I don't really know it)
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Sorry, tested yesterday, no problem with the Breach, didn't test the patrols thou..
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Sorry, tested yesterday, no problem with the Breach, didn't test the patrols thou..

the patrols are the problem allegedly from what others said. I don't know the nature of the problem. (maybe "half" even after two? maybe some update issue? maybe early depart or maybe another condition related possibly to quest list hasn't met? -NO IDEA) I experienced another problem with patrols which may be related - no advance registered on one day for the t6 after doing two full days worth of patrol. The TFO dilitium issue SHOULD be fixed after today maintenance as darkbladejk said.
  • Options
    For me, it's definitely the patrols only.

I did Breach this morning, and it now shows my next bonus increased from 2500 to 5000 after two days of no increase after running the patrols.

What I didn't check was whether I was actually awarded dil those first two days that I did patrols and the bonus amount didn't increase.

The real problem is that this cannot be tested without losing another day if it's still not working. I tested to see whether
    running Breach after completing two patrols yesterday (and getting the cooldown timer) would trigger the increase - it doesn't.
  • Options
    gaevsman wrote: »

the patrols are the problem allegedly from what others said. I don't know the nature of the problem. (maybe "half" even after two? maybe some update issue? maybe early depart or maybe another condition related possibly to quest list hasn't met? -NO IDEA) I experienced another problem with patrols which may be related - no advance registered on one day for the t6 after doing two full days worth of patrol. The TFO dilitium issue SHOULD be fixed after today maintenance as darkbladejk said.

Yeah, i'm not goint to die for that, i have enough dilithium as it is, i'm actually using the extra to advance my fleet projects :blush:
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    :) same here though slowly refining... and this issue is likely to be fixed after maintenance. Don't remember who correctly said it was patrol only related but I think it was either borticus in reddit (which was linked from here) or one of the devs here. This event though I;m unlikely to do for dilitium.

Anyway yes, did a TFO today meanwhile myself, it worked (though I had chat system offline due to char switch) and got the advance toward t6 for today (one day still missed by the patrol issue from before)
This discussion has been closed.