test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Console] Can You Pass Starfleet's Ultimate Test?

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Kobayashi Maru - Starfleet's Ultimate Test - is coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4 this week, and participating in this event will gain you progress towards a free T6 Ship from the Phoenix Prize Pack, unlocked for your entire account.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11297933

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    Spring/Summer 2019: PC Captains get a T6 ship token across 3 events, but the promo doesn't run on consoles.
    Autumn/Winter 2019: PC Captains again get a T6 ship token across 3 events, but console captains again don't get it.
    Instead, they get a ship from the Phoenix Box.

How is this fair play for those on consoles?
    Surely console players should get a chance at a ship from the Store as well?

On PC, we're given some nice events to entice us to play with an extra goal that really worth playing for - twice now!
    Those on consoles seem to be treated as an after-thought both times.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Spring/Summer 2019: PC Captains get a T6 ship token across 3 events, but the promo doesn't run on consoles.
    Autumn/Winter 2019: PC Captains again get a T6 ship token across 3 events, but console captains again don't get it.

On PC, we're given some nice events to entice us to play with an extra goal that really worth playing for - twice now!

They had to do it this way because of Sony and Microsoft's restrictions. They wanted to give consoles the ability to get a 100% Tier 6 ship coupon but Sony and Microsoft were not supportive of the idea, so they had to find an alternate way for console to have a similar event. No, consoles are not treated as an after-thought, they explained this in a Twitch livestream. It has to do with the certification process that all patches for consoles have to do, due to the requirements that Sony and Microsoft have placed on those game companies in regards to console content. Cryptic really wishes it was not that way but they have no control over that.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    sthe91 wrote: »

They had to do it this way because of Sony and Microsoft's restrictions. They wanted to give consoles the ability to get a 100% Tier 6 ship coupon but Sony and Microsoft were not supportive of the idea, so they had to find an alternate way for console to have a similar event. No, consoles are not treated as an after-thought, they explained this in a Twitch livestream. It has to do with the verification process that all patches for consoles have to do, due to the requirements that Sony and Microsoft have placed on those game companies in regards to console content. Cryptic really wishes it was not that way but they have no control over that.

I find that unbelievable that Microsoft and sony would tell a developer that they can not allow players of their game to earn something within a game. they gave console players 3 keys (3 times now), a combat tardagrade and some weapon packs already and they never had a problem with it. I also do not think that not giving the life time subscribers on consoles the stippen is because of microsft or sony policy, but rather a crypic decision.

so if they do actually run this type of event more than once, what happens if a player has all the phoenix t6 ships does that mean they get nothing, or will they be able to down trade for 2 t5u ships like when you get an epic token from a box?

so are we now only able to do featured tfo's event once per account rather than once per character like it use to be?

also if they are getting rid of the event tab in the reputation where is the winter and summer store going to be now?
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    so are we now only able to do featured tfo's event once per account rather than once per character like it use to be?
    Yes, it's once per account but the dilithium bonus at the end, after you obtain the event reward, increases each day you continue to do the event.
    Day 1 = 2500, day 2 = 5000, day 3 = 7500, and so on.
    It's almost as good as running the event on multiple characters, but if you keep it going, you can earn a nice amount of bonus dilithium quite easily.

if they are getting rid of the event tab in the reputation where is the winter and summer store going to be now?
    On PC, the Event tab remained but I imagine it'll disappear eventually and the Summer & Winter event stores will be moved to the new Event page in the mission journal when those events next run.
    We'll find out in a few weeks, I'm sure...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Each wave starts ok (ish) then rapdily devolves into a HUGE lagfest as the console struggles to keep up with the amount of visual spam going on leaving you to watch your vessel twitch and shudder until the tail end of the wave when it suddenly scoots off miles aways once it catches up with where the game knows you should actually be.
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Yes, it's once per account but the dilithium bonus at the end, after you obtain the event reward, increases each day you continue to do the event.
    Day 1 = 2500, day 2 = 5000, day 3 = 7500, and so on.
    It's almost as good as running the event on multiple characters, but if you keep it going, you can earn a nice amount of bonus dilithium quite easily.

not sure how you would even think its any where near as good as running it on multiple toons when unless you pay to complete it on day one you will only get 7 days of bonus dilithium so wow now you can get a total of 67,500 per account instead of the 850,000 I use to get in an event by doing the event with 17 toons. the new event will probably drive more people away from the game rather than make it more enjoyable to people. I personally know of 4 people that have already said if they run featured tfo's the same way they ran mycelial crisis event they were not going to continue playing.
This discussion has been closed.