test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frozen mission bug

Anyone else had issues with this mission? Get to the second Romulan attack, defeat the ship and just stuck as the Reman doesn't reappear to follow.....

Have dropped and retried mission with same issue :(

Comments

• darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Yes been that way for several weeks now. I just skipped the mission and moved on, will have to revisit if, when and however they decide to get their collected heads out of their backsides and actually start fixing some of these long term bugs. Only took them 3+ years to fix the science bug for colosseum I'm guess it will probably take just as long to fix frozen too.
  • imatimelord#6399 imatimelord Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    Its doubtful it will get fixed....the devs don't care about console users.....
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Fixes for bugs on console don't come as quickly as for PC, but they do come...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Inferiority is correct especially since the consoles have to go through a certification process with each patch which is not needed for PC. That slows down things. If there was no such thing for consoles then consoles would not lag behind PC in the delivery of new content, bug fixes, etc. So a rule of thumb if the bug has been fixed on PC, it will then be fixed on console when that patch comes to it. Please wait and either skip or just don't play it and do something else in-game. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    Ive been asking for Craptic to fix the rubber banding issues with the toons and ships for years and youre gonna tell me it takes 3 or so years to get it verified?...I call bs on that one....
  • mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Might not be a coding bug, but the way the data is being transferred through their servers. Could be a whole different kind of problem entirely. IIRC, PC players have had lag issues as well.

More likely it has something to do with how they route their data through their 3rd party DDoS protection system. The name eludes me, but people have tracerouted the lag to those particular IP addresses with higher ping rates than other jumps.

I do agree, however, that someone should learn how to configure those systems properly.
    edited November 2019
    Ive been asking for Craptic to fix the rubber banding issues with the toons and ships for years and youre gonna tell me it takes 3 or so years to get it verified?...I call bs on that one....

First of all, I was not talking about rubberbanding issues, that has to do with Akamai Technologies. That is a different problem. I am talking about that the bug fixes (including the Frozen bugs) do not come quickly due to the certification process on consoles that they have go through due to how Microsoft and Sony has set it up. PC does not have to go through that process. I never said it was 3 or so years to get something certified. I never said that in my post, you inferred incorrectly. Finally, please stop flaming Cryptic, it is rude, immature, etc. They are a small dev team and are only able to do so much with the ones that they have. They also are human and do not need you unloading on them. Instead continue to file bug reports and wait patiently for when the fixes will be implemented. Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Will the money CBS has thrown at them, I doubt they are "small"....and until they give us a finished WORKING product, my views will not change...and I haven't even begun to flame Craptic...
    edited November 2019
    Will the money CBS has thrown at them, I doubt they are "small"....and until they give us a finished WORKING product, my views will not change...and I haven't even begun to flame Craptic...

They are small and it has nothing to do with the money CBS gives them as a licensed product. I am not asking for you to change your views just to be respectful (please stop calling them C r a p t i c for starters), I told you why it is slow for consoles to get their bug fixes. That is all I have to say. May you have your bug fix soon for the Frozen mission. Thanks. :)
    Well, if the devs you hold in such high regard threw us xb players a bone every now and again, maybe we as gamers wouldn't have a low opinion of them...and trust me, there are those out there that are far madder than I....just an fyi....
  • Aye, I have been having the very same issue, I reported it to Arc as well. But after fighting the two Warbirds, the Reman ship just warps off and you're stuck, floating around the map until you abort the mission and depart the system. I'm a new player, and they need to fix this buggy mess of a game. I found the hard way that the distress call missions from Starbase 24 are not even worth your time-- they are dead end quests. Now I cant even continue the campaign and level up properly because I cant get past Episode 09 Frozen. They dropped the ball with this one. I figured since it had been out a while most of the bugs--at least the glaring ones--had been patched. Guess not. :/
  • mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    You can skip it and continue on with the rest of the season. I’ve done it. You can go back and finish it once it’s fixed. No argument that it’s a thick slice of PITA bread, but it’s not a show-stopper.
  • darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    You can skip it and continue on with the rest of the season. I’ve done it. You can go back and finish it once it’s fixed. No argument that it’s a thick slice of PITA bread, but it’s not a show-stopper.

Might not be a complete show stopper, but if you have a temporal agent (as I do) then you cannot complete the story arc to get the reward, something that already held my temporal agent back for a long time while colosseum was bugged for science officers. When they finally fixed that I was able to collect my temporal reward for completing all the missions in the story arc. Granted, most probably don't have a temporal agent still sitting about uncompleted, but some might.
  • necreliosis#4763 necreliosis Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I don't come here very often but this bug brought me here so thanks for verifying the issue. I just started playing on console so there are some bugs that are unique to console I am noticing. I don't remember how it was on PC but I think there is a dialog that is supposed to appear and ask if you want to follow the Reman ship's warp signature or something along those lines, but nothing happens, the Reman ship jumps to warp, and then you are stuck feeling like a dummy waiting for nothing to happen for a few minutes until realizing it is bugged and then coming to the forums to rage about it.
  • the very fist mission meat the captain he never came out so i was stuck in the room the door would not open i stayed in there for an hr or two before i figured i was doing something wrong and start the tutorial over so i deleted my thing and and started over and it worked correct and i got past the opening???

now im on rescue the Seg'pa i go to the yellow circle on my map screen and nothing happens so i fly around for an hr or two and now my screen looks all blue i figured i went out of bounds but then i go back inbound my screen is still all blue ???