test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bridge MSD Thought

rhazedurilerhazedurile Member Posts: 74 Arc User
Unsure if this has been brought up before, but I was thinking ship bridges. We have a lot of wonderfully crafted bridges, but the MSD displays are linked to a specific type of ship.

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the MSDs change according to the type of ship currently being flown by your character, or maybe select a MSD on a console?

For example, let's say I really like the Belfast/Defiant or the Voyager interior, but I'd really like to have the MSD shown for my Constellation.
dZWjlSs.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Most fed ships have like 3 - 6 different subclasses that can be kitbashed together. Making MSDs for all possible permutations would take a lot of time which the devs probably don't have and would mostly be a gigantic waste of said time since they could work on actual content or issues instead.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    won't happen because it's not a sure way to make money. it is, after all, a business
    would we like it? yes
    would we pay for it to the point they make a decent profit?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    While it is a texture thing... it would pretty much require creating an MSD for every ship available on every currently available bridge, and adding a new one for each new ship released in the future.

As cool as it would be, its honestly not worth the effort as it is too much work for too little return on investment.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    While it is a texture thing... it would pretty much require creating an MSD for every ship available on every currently available bridge, and adding a new one for each new ship released in the future.

As cool as it would be, its honestly not worth the effort as it is too much work for too little return on investment.

Well I suppose they could get away with few generic MSD textures per ship-class slotted to a special section meant to display that graphic, also not every ship has a MSD or equilevant. That said it would still be truly monumental undertaking due the sheer number of ships avaible in game even if we limit the choice to ones with a MSD or equilevant and that's assuming the new graphic doesn't break (yes graphics on bridges can have been broken in the past).

Also you'd still have to create new MSD graphics for each new ship with a generic bridge. So frankly it's way too much work for practically 0 return.
This discussion has been closed.