test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP Game wide Competition join Discord server to sign up https://discord.gg/hVedCKM

sebmystosebmysto Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Poster.fw.png?width=1442&height=577
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    This is a "stop liking what I don't like" comment but it's in an advertising thread not a real player discussion:

The devs should remove PVP if it is costing any resources to maintain it.

Very few people enjoy PVP in STO, and the developer resources could go towards improving other things to benefit the majority. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one remaining PVP player."
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I'm sure they'll get some signees.

Like Az, no.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    edited October 2019
    You know, if you're not interested, it's completely acceptable to NOT comment. But, hey, I'm sure that they appreciate the bump. :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    You know, if you're not interested, it's completely acceptable to NOT comment. But, hey, I'm sure that they appreciate the bump. :smirk:

It's very important that people realize that I don't enjoy PVP. Now please like my Facebook post and check out my twitter feed with pics of what I had for lunch. :)

(another free bump. d'oh!)

• Options
    :lol:
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > It's very important that people realize that I don't enjoy PVP. Now please like my Facebook post and check out my twitter feed with pics of what I had for lunch. :)
    >
    >
    > (another free bump. d'oh!)

Actually, I do enjoy pvp, just not in STO. I don't do twitter though, and facebook is only used for family stuff.

I was mocking myself more that you :) . I don't really have a twitter account, and only have a fb account for family stuff too.

It is important that people know I don't enjoy PVP in STO. That, and I was bored at work.
  • Options
    :lol:
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    actually pvp is really fun, and after reaching the top10 dpser in game it is fun to see what else the game has to offer. I happen to RP as well, I use the game for it has to offer. If you want to stick to the main purpose of the game, good for you.

Enjoy!

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > You know, if you're not interested, it's completely acceptable to NOT comment. But, hey, I'm sure that they appreciate the bump. :smirk:

Truly, I wish them all the best, and hope they have a great tournament, and if me bumping them helps, I'm good with that. I just don't do discord, and STO PVP isn't my thing... off the forum at least (kidding).
    I PvP in games, but mainly when there's a reason to do it, STO doesn't have one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    I'd give it a go, but my group PvP skills are 6 years out of date and I don't have a mic on the current computer to convey info to the team. I'm afraid being mute and rusty, would make me too much of a weak link in a tournament where performance impacts both winning and advancing in the standing.

I still find uses for my team targeting/assist/callout binds :smiley:
  • Options
    the idea for the event is to create groups of pvpers based on skills so we can create tiers, so future events can be even and fun. And by joining the channel you can get advices from other pvpers, so no harm in joining.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I do it for the Universal Endeavors but that is the extent of my PVP in this game.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    I used to love pvp in this game but with all the extra traits, consoles ect... is mostly about what can you afford to put in your ship rather how well you fly it. It just ain't the same anymore and makes a real competition hard to realize. Though I'm still up every once in a while for fun pvp if that is an option i might check it out on discord.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    That is the reason why we will create tiers after the event. therefore you will be able to play with people of similar level :) so that it doesnt have to be pay to win
This discussion has been closed.