test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Uniforms for Romulan members

majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
It seems that in the age of shared ships and shared uniforms, the option for a fleet uniform for Romulan members is a casualty. I don't expect it to be fixed after 6 years but can the devs either disable the fleet uniform feature or just have the standard Odyssey uniform as the only option? Do any other players have this issue? Does anyone who's in fleet have a unique uniform and wear it? At this point in the game's life cycle, is it even worth it to try and fix this issue?
~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
Tagged:

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    I've always wanted to see a Republic Romulan Tactical Tailor Unlock; I've always wondered why they didn't put it in Ground Armor for Romulan.

But Fleet would be a very cool option to do it as well! <3
    0zxlclk.png
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    I've always wanted to see a Republic Romulan Tactical Tailor Unlock; I've always wondered why they didn't put it in Ground Armor for Romulan.

But Fleet would be a very cool option to do it as well! <3

I know right! I just wish they would add additional uniform options to the Romulan faction that's a bit greater than what is already in place. Don't get me wrong, it isn't bad but I would appreciate if it was as robust as what I have on my fed toons.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I never noticed the fleet uniform issue. The only fleet I am in that actually uses fleet uniforms actively has the convention of colors (like a gang or sports team) instead of actual uniform pieces and you do get the extra slot for joining a fleet as a Romulan even if the category does not open up in the tailor page itself.

Also, if your fleet is an Alliance fleet instead of a faction one (yes, there is no official way of doing that but it is possible to "link" factional fleets together with chat channels in common and RP them as one fleet) there is no way to get the same uniform across factions (except for maybe the Khan or Kobali ones which seem to be not faction locked).

Getting more costume pieces in general for Romulans is sorely needed though. They do have the best skirt in the game, though they could use some color pallet work to match them to the other uniform pieces (if it would not ruin the realistic thin cloth look that is).
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    I agree. It would be nice to get some additional costume pieces for the Roms and some of the other fractions in the game. Hopefully the new Picard series will help out in that department (for the Romulans, Remans and maybe the Borg at least).

Thumbs up on the skirt as well if you're referring to the 23c RSE skirt. I'm partial to the Fed ones as well. They're all so versatile and can work with almost anything. :)

Regarding the fleet uniforms, I've just given up and am using the Starfleet one if the situation calls for my characters to be in the fleet uniform. It kind of ruins my own head canon but at least everyone is standardized. It's annoying but at this point in the game's life cycle I doubt any fixes are on the horizon.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac