test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Claiming the event daily dil bonus

wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
Does it strike people as strange that we can complete the event (and bonus) on any combination of alts, but the bonus is awarded to the one that actually completes it? Or, am I missing something in the mechanics that would alter that?

Would it make sense to add a "claim" button so that we can choose which alt actually claims the reward or is that a lot of effort for something that no one really wants or needs?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Processed dil can be moved around using the exchange... just list it for an insane amount and go to alt you want and cancel listing. worse case, someone buys it for an insane amount of zen.
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Processed dil can be moved around using the exchange... just list it for an insane amount and go to alt you want and cancel listing. worse case, someone buys it for an insane amount of zen.

That's not really the point since the dil reward is for unrefined dil.

You need to refine it before you can move it. Since we can complete the bonus on any alt, automatically giving the dil to the alt that completes the daily doesn't circumvent the daily refinement limit.

Being able to finish the daily, but claim the dil reward on any alt seems to me more like a natural extension.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    What your asking for is something the devs mentioned doing at a later date for future events. It just wasn't available for this one.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    jhanell#0859 jhanell Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I'm not really fussed about who gets the dilithium, as I can refine it and send it on to whoever might need some dilithium.

Thanks for letting us know that what the OP is suggesting is actually being planned for a future event.
  • Options
    What your asking for is something the devs mentioned doing at a later date for future events. It just wasn't available for this one.

Ah, that's good to know.

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I support a claim button. Some characters have tons of unrefined dil, some have none depending on how I play them lately, so being able to get it to a character that can refine it while the one that actually needs xp or marks does the event would be nice.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I'd like to have a claim button so I can choose which character gets the beam set. Ideally it will be a low-level alt so I can get them at mark II instead of mark XII.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I'd like to have a claim button so I can choose which character gets the beam set. Ideally it will be a low-level alt so I can get them at mark II instead of mark XII.

You mean the box that was part of the event reward?

Whichever is the first alt to claim the event ship gets the box. Even after that, the packed box is account bound, so you can move it between alts and open it on whichever alt you want.

There doesn't seem to be a need for a claim button. The box description specifically says that the weapons come at the mark level appropriate for the alt that opens it, not the one that claims it.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I've done the entire Event on my Discovery Character, but because that Character has 2.4 Million Unrefined, I ran the Event for Dilithium on a different Character last night and will continue to do so.

They will never allow the transfer of Unrefined amongst Characters because that will give you the opportunity to refine multiple 8k (9k) Dilitium per day, limited only by the number of your Alts.

I would venture to guess making the Dilitium Award Account Bound did not happen and will not happen until they determine how Players play out this Event vis-a-vis Alts with their metrics.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

You mean the box that was part of the event reward?

Whichever is the first alt to claim the event ship gets the box. Even after that, the packed box is account bound, so you can move it between alts and open it on whichever alt you want.

There doesn't seem to be a need for a claim button. The box description specifically says that the weapons come at the mark level appropriate for the alt that opens it, not the one that claims it.

Thanks! I won't finish the event until tonight since I was lazy a couple of days, it's great to know I can claim it now and unbox the beams later on another character.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    I've done the entire Event on my Discovery Character, but because that Character has 2.4 Million Unrefined, I ran the Event for Dilithium on a different Character last night and will continue to do so.

They will never allow the transfer of Unrefined amongst Characters because that will give you the opportunity to refine multiple 8k (9k) Dilitium per day, limited only by the number of your Alts.

I would venture to guess making the Dilitium Award Account Bound did not happen and will not happen until they determine how Players play out this Event vis-a-vis Alts with their metrics.

According to @Baddmoonrizin "What your asking for is something the devs mentioned doing at a later date for future events. It just wasn't available for this one."

There is a big difference between transferring unrefined dil between alts and allowing specific alts to claim a once per account reward.

Also, since the reward goes to whichever alt completes the 60th token, a player can run the event on one alt and simply do the final run on whichever alt he wants to claim the unrefined dil since the progress is cumulative. Does it really prevent anything not to simply have a claim button?
This discussion has been closed.