test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loluhnat 2020 Suggestion.

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
Looking at the older ships that are receiving a T6 update. I would like to suggest a new option to this. That being updated shuttle craft. I mean we have ships of all varieties from these events, and lots of ground modules/abilities. What we don't have are shuttles to match the ships. I for one would love to see a Risan Shuttle. Could even make events to go with them.

For example, the old Delta Quad shuttle race patrol, and the shuttle map from the earlier episodes. Both these maps could be adapted to make a shuttle race event, even if you do as a holodeck simulation.

This would give the dev's a reason to, and a way to, release new shuttle, while drawing player interest back toward the content based around them.

It could be done as a double event reward.

Flying High - Ship
Flying High - Shuttle

Where you have to do both to fill the event.

The only other option I see here for this, would be to put it in the favor shop. Say, something like 5000 favors.

Thoughts and suggestions?
Mm5NeXy.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    That's a very interesting suggestion. Thumbs-up.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    More shuttle content? Sure.

Indeed. I have a Tholian widow fighter I haven't bothered to unbox yet because there is so little shuttle content in the game. More would be nice.

On the other hand, that might be because not enough people want shuttle activities, and shuttles and fighters don't sell very well. In which case, we could earn an event shuttle with nothing new to use it on.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    And notice that the best Marks paying Event in this game, the Shuttle Weekend (with 'Atmospheric Assault' being the best), has not shown itself in quite some time.

You know being on a Discovery kick they could design a Discovery Shuttle TFO for a future Event. The Battle of Xahea. Shuttles and Tactical Flyers. The prize could be a Discovery Era Shuttle or Tactical Flyer. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    and also a massive headache given the sheer amount of anti-fighter weapon spam flying around during the fight​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Like when my Discovery Constitution deploys two Bays of Tactical Flyers, and Reinforcing Squadrons, with the Superior Area Denial Trait. Maybe I'll add the Swarming Matrix Console to that as well. It's already here.

Glorious. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User

Indeed. I have a Tholian widow fighter I haven't bothered to unbox yet because there is so little shuttle content in the game. More would be nice.

On the other hand, that might be because not enough people want shuttle activities, and shuttles and fighters don't sell very well. In which case, we could earn an event shuttle with nothing new to use it on.
    People would want shuttle activities if they would give unique rewards.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited September 2019

That's why I thought of a way they could do it. There's little shuttle content, cause they don't sell well. But on the flip side, they don't sell well, cause there's very little to do with them.

It was kind of inspired by a Breach TFO that popped up on random for me. I mean, think on it, how much fun would that map be if it was all shuttle fighting. Or just racing through it.

Even the new Mycial Realm map could make for a great shuttle race map.

The Competitive Space maps would work for it as well. For this, just tone everything back for shuttles. Which would come with a little shuttle to shuttle dog fighting at the end of one of them.

The old Breaking The Planet map would be another great map for shuttles. Could even do a space race around what's left of Romulus.

This way, it takes existing content, and allows for some shuttle fun. These could be made into events, that offer shuttle only gear and/or updated shuttles

Cause I think we can all admit, other than on shuttle event weekends. This is likely the least played content we have.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    People would want shuttle activities if they would give unique rewards.

I would also play shuttle-TFO's for comp-marks and stratagems for that matter.

This discussion has been closed.