test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Sound in Game

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
Don't have any sound in the game and haven't had it since May. Friend have a similar issue. Nothing done, up to and including a fresh reinstall of Windows 10, have fixed this. Have also tried reinstalling the game both via Steam and Arc. No go there either. Done regular trouble shooting on sound both on own initiative and on suggestion by Support.
For more information on exact steps taken as well as other additional info, please see tickets #190827-000364 and #190801-000122.
Chancellor Knuckles said they'd forward it all and they've done an absolutely sterling job at trying to solve this issue, but suggested I also make a bug report in the forum which is hereby done.
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    This seems to be a very random bug that has been around since 2012. I assume sound works fine outside STO? I did find a thread from 2012 that said to put “-ignorex64check” in the command line if having a no sound issue.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    I once had a problem with my computer not playing sound and spent around 40 minutes trying to figure out why.
    Turns out, I had left headphones plugged in.
    Thankfully, this was at home, so nobody else knows about it...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    pgorbaspgorbas Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I once had a problem with my computer not playing sound and spent around 40 minutes trying to figure out why.
    Turns out, I had left headphones plugged in.
    Thankfully, this was at home, so nobody else knows about it...

What?? Are you saying there is no sound through headphones?