test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nog/Spock/McCoy class as event ships

willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
Maybe instead of some "alien of the week" Eventships we could get a Nog class (Fed/Ferengi hybrid to Honor Aron Eisenberg and his Character Nog the first Feregi in starfleet) a Spock class (Fed/Vulcan design, maybe a Vulcan Suurok cruiser variant) and also a McCoy class and so on (with a way to get them even after the event ended or just putting them in the c-store for 3000 Zen after that). We got a Scott class already btw
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    Nog is still alive in STO continuity, commanding USS Chimera. A Spock-class science cruiser, on the other tentacle, might not be a bad idea; the McCoy, however, IMO ought to be an NPC hospital ship.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    > the McCoy, however, IMO ought to be an NPC hospital ship.

Yes.

Dammit Jim, he's a Doctor not an armed Science Ship!

Did Bones ever fire a weapon in TOS? (Just being required to carry one on away missions doesn't count.)
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    > the McCoy, however, IMO ought to be an NPC hospital ship.

Yes.

Dammit Jim, he's a Doctor not an armed Science Ship!

Did Bones ever fire a weapon in TOS? (Just being required to carry one on away missions doesn't count.)

I think he shot his ex-fiance or what was trying to pass off as his ex and was really a salt monster trying to kill Kirk.

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > we already have an archon class
    >
    > https://sto.gamepedia.com/Intel_Assault_Cruiser#Archon_class​​

Forgot about that one lol.

How could you forget those "Ample" Nacelles? :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Back in the day, we used to Defend the USS McCoy. When it was besieged while rescuing scientists from Starbase 24. The mission was removed and I miss that.

It was a Destiny-class science ship.

(/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    psiameese wrote: »
    It was a Destiny-class science ship.

Yeah… can't wait for the T6 Deep Space Science Vessel :neutral:

IMO the McCoy-class should be one of three variants of the Olympic when that goes T6, alongside the Crusher-class and the Bashir-class. If there's going to be only one Olympic-variant then it would probably end up being called the Crusher-class though.

• ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    McCoy Class here is an opportunity to create either a T6 Nova with a Cryptic in house skin design or an Oberth Class with a 25th Century updated skin as well
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
This discussion has been closed.