test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which Reputation chain has the best ship gear?

lukem2409lukem2409 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
Asking for a friend.

He's currently running MACO gear on his ship from way back.
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Long story short, a higher end build will incorporate parts from multiple Reputations, as well as Fleet and Lockbox gear.

Discovery Reputation had to incorporate a fair bit of power creep to get people to grind it, so might be a good candidate if you're going with grinding only one (or a few) Rep(s):
    The shield + core is a pretty popular combo right now (Shield gives weapons extra shield damage), and Core for a two-piece with large regeneration (+150%)
    Tactical console (large Critical Chance boost) along side either or both the Torp and Heavy Wide-Arc Dual Beam Bank for a two-piece that stacks up Critical Damage
    It also plops out Bellum consoles as you level that'll help transition from old-school builds to a more modern one, since Bellum consoles give extra Critical Chance.

Lots of other Reps mixed in depending on build specifics, but for a standard energy or torp build:
    Colony Deflector re-rolled to be slightly more durable for it's [ColCrit] that gives a fair bit of both Critical Chance and Critical Damage, based on your hull percentage
    Competitive Reputation Engines to give a large kick in speed when you hit the associated Bridge Officer Abilities. (largly ignore your captain type, and get the type you can kick when you want and/or give a cooldown you need.)

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2019
    Iconian was a very popular set for the longest time in Space; so I'd focus on that or Discovery as identified above.

For myself also use SETs from Omega, Counter Command, or Quantum Space Set; the Sol Defense Space Set is nice though for the Repair Nanites, and consider Counter Command Tactical Console. It's great set if you use Phasers/Disruptors & Photon's from the last Solanae ARC.

But yes, it's very specific to what you like or can make best use of, especially given your Professional Expertise, Skill spending, and Build choices. o:)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Best is a very relative term here as it depends on the kind of build you aim for as well as what activity you like to pursue with it. If the latter are good PvE results (DPS) the former can be categorized a bit for the kind of "mainstream" build approaches peeps often use:

Energy weapon DPS:
    Fleet Colony Deflector; Prevailing Engine, Fleet Spire Core, Hpyer Cap shield from crafting with as much cap as possible (good substitute is Prevailing Innervated shield)

EPG/Exotics DPS:
    Fleet Colony Deflector or Bajoran Deflector; Prevailing Engine; Temporal Core; Temporal Shield

Torpedoes/Mines DPS:
    Fleet Colony Deflector; Prevailing Engine; Discovery Core; Discovery Shield. Alternative often used are parts of the Gamma set

Tanks' DPS:
    Fleet Colony Deflector; Prevailing Engine; Prevailing Core (or Fleet Spire Core if you feel you can skip some tanky-ness); Prevailing Innervated Shield.

Support DPS:
    Full Iconian Set (support for energy weapons), 3 Piece Gamma set (support for Torpedoes/mines)

If someone has no real idea what to aim for in particular I'd go with:
    Fleet Colony Deflector; Prevailing Engine; Fleet Spire Core; Prevailing Innervated Shield
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Fleet Colony Deflector; Prevailing Engine; Fleet Spire Core; Prevailing Innervated Shield
    A great all around combo. For me it's the engines that really seemed to make a difference. Getting around the map is just so easy. You and Tom always give great advice.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    protoneous wrote: »
    A great all around combo. For me it's the engines that really seemed to make a difference. Getting around the map is just so easy. You and Tom always give great advice.

Thank you. You do a superb job urself around here mate. The more we help the more fun peeps can have in game. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    > @peterconnorfirst said:

> Energy weapon DPS:
    > Fleet Colony Deflector; Prevailing Engine, Fleet Spire Core, Hpyer Cap shield from crafting with as much cap as possible (good substitute is Prevailing Innervated shield)

Is the Hyper-Capacitor shield considered a good option overall, or is it more that it's a decent readily available option?

I tried one a few times, and the boost seemed to be good but petered out quickly and the mods are meh since it can't be RE'd
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2019

EPG/Exotics DPS:
    Fleet Colony Deflector or Bajoran Deflector; Prevailing Engine; Temporal Core; Temporal Shield

Sorry, I don't get why to use the Bajoran deflector. What am I missing?
    Afaik, the Solanae still has the highest EPG bonus, after that Undine and Dyson, after that Temporal and KHG.
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    Bajoran can be rerolled to have as much as the Solanae, while still having large secondary bonuses to DrainX and CtrlX, all 3 stats being of interest to sci builds
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    Bajoran can be rerolled to have as much as the Solanae, while still having large secondary bonuses to DrainX and CtrlX, all 3 stats being of interest to sci builds

Thanks! I didn't know that. I tried rerolling a few deflectors, but it always put them in a state where they could only have one EPG modifier and two each of Ctrl and Drain.
    I guess that does not apply to the Bajoran. Good to know! :)
  • lukem2409lukem2409 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I did a massive overhaul of equipment and abilities and even BOFFS for the first time in years today...glad to say I'm not dying in PVE anymore *rolls eye* thanks all.
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Its really dependant on what kind of build someone is going for honestly.
    A Disruptor build, would probably say Terran with a side of New Romulus (at T6).
    Polaron would lean more towards Lukari and Gamma.
    Phaser would lean towards Terran (T6) and Gamma (T6).

I'm mostly thinking the weapon sets, however the Terran Taskforce shield/deflector/impulse/warp core set also synergizes well with Disruptor builds.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    Best is a very relative term here as it depends on the kind of build you aim for as well as what activity you like to pursue with it. If the latter are good PvE results (DPS) the former can be categorized a bit for the kind of "mainstream" build approaches peeps often use:

Energy weapon DPS:
    Fleet Colony Deflector; Prevailing Engine, Fleet Spire Core, Hpyer Cap shield from crafting with as much cap as possible (good substitute is Prevailing Innervated shield)

EPG/Exotics DPS:

Torpedoes/Mines DPS:
    Fleet Colony Deflector; Prevailing Engine; Discovery Core; Discovery Shield. Alternative often used are parts of the Gamma set

Tanks' DPS:
    Fleet Colony Deflector; Prevailing Engine; Prevailing Core (or Fleet Spire Core if you feel you can skip some tanky-ness); Prevailing Innervated Shield.

Support DPS:
    Full Iconian Set (support for energy weapons), 3 Piece Gamma set (support for Torpedoes/mines)

i thought the #Silly4Tilly shield was meta for energy DPS now?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.