test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

not getting cryptic guard codes in email

I recently had to reformat my PC, and now STO will not allow me too login because i need to enter a cryptic guard code that is sent to my email. except the email is not arriving. and further more, i can no longer find any access point to the cryptic guard feature anywhere on the arcgames.com website. maybe I am not noticing something. anyone know how to access the cryptic guard feature so i can get the code to get into the game?
Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    to change the acc. guard status you will need a mail code too! is your acc. mail address from microsoft? then you need to contact support, to change it into a gmail one ...
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    Did you check your spam folder by any chance?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • garaks31 wrote: »
    to change the acc. guard status you will need a mail code too! is your acc. mail address from microsoft? then you need to contact support, to change it into a gmail one ...

i tried out the account guard thing through PWE. the mails never arrived once i activated it. I had to have support deactivate it so i could get back in.

as for the cryptic guard, the mail message eventually arrived, 4 hours later.
    and no, i don't have a MS mail account. my mail is through my ISP.
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...