test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things I have learned while playing STO

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
I've learned that clones can be decanted.

A new game, if you will. Just tap the reply key and mention something you learned while playing STO. If it is amusing or out right funny, all the better. :)
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.

Comments

• redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    I've learned that clones can be decanted.

A new game, if you will. Just tap the reply key and mention something you learned while playing STO. If it is amusing or out right funny, all the better. :)

I learned very early on that a supposed mage/support class can outtank a supposed warrior-class.

#SCITANKISBESTTANK
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    That Klingons are too dumb to be worthy slaves of the Iconians.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Even though they can appear as anything or anyone, a changling's default appearance will always be a bad copy of Odo.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Fleet Admirals command individual ships, not task force or fleets, and take orders from O-3s without a qualm.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    That Tricorders record EVERYTHING and leave a paper trail.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Could not think of anything amusing today, so here is a useful link for players still struggling with certain parts of Personal Endeavors. -
    https://sto-league.com/personal-endeavors-and-ways-to-finish-them/
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    jonsills wrote: »
    Fleet Admirals command individual ships, not task force or fleets, and take orders from O-3s without a qualm.

Fleet Admiral Marcus commands the Dreadnought Class USS Vengeance.

OF-6s and above have always had the ability to personally and routinely command ships in Trek, it's not new to STO.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Marcus "commanded" the Vengeance because it was a Section 31 black project, and he was using it for a Section 31 project. It wasn't a regular Starfleet ship, and he wasn't a regular Starfleet officer. (Also, I don't recall his being addressed as "Fleet Admiral", because really that's a job description, not a rank - that's the admiral in command of a given fleet, and he doesn't command the ship he's on, although the ship's captain will usually follow his "suggestions" anyway.)

In STO, however, there are more Fleet Admirals than there are fleets, so they're out there running their personal ships like they were mere O6s.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Marcus "commanded" the Vengeance because it was a Section 31 black project, and he was using it for a Section 31 project. It wasn't a regular Starfleet ship, and he wasn't a regular Starfleet officer. (Also, I don't recall his being addressed as "Fleet Admiral", because really that's a job description, not a rank - that's the admiral in command of a given fleet, and he doesn't command the ship he's on, although the ship's captain will usually follow his "suggestions" anyway.)

In STO, however, there are more Fleet Admirals than there are fleets, so they're out there running their personal ships like they were mere O6s.

Marcus is wearing more stars on his shoulder than anybody else and is Commander of Starfleet, the number of stars makes him a Fleet Admiral.
    He personally commanded a Starfleet vessel of a official branch of Starfleet regardless of what the branch is called.

Fleet Admiral is distinct from a fleet Admiral in Starfleet, the former is a OF-10 rank, the second is a position given to OF-8s (and presumably OF-9s as well). You can tell bt counting their pips.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Tribbles are the most versatile lifeform in existence. Many varieties of tribbles are known to enhance an individual's capabilities regardless of a species' genetic makeup, some the Borg have seen fit to assimilate, some have learned to feast on their own kind, and some can produce dilithium at will.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User

Fleet Admiral is also a legitimate rank in America atleast, but the fleet admiral is the Admiral in charge of the entire Navy, second only to the present in terms of military command.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Admiral Quinn doesn't care what you wear when reporting to him at his office. Can show up in civilian wear, or a vintage uniform, and no one bats an eye.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    edited October 2019
    Admiral Quinn doesn't care what you wear when reporting to him at his office. Can show up in civilian wear, or a vintage uniform, and no one bats an eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiwA0JrGfjA
    :p
    While repeating the episode Jabberwocky -
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Jabberwocky
    is repetitive, it does offer high quality Armor and Shields to BOFFs to new players with limited R & D ability.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Phaser fire from a starship in orbit will not make a Gorn flinche.
    But a flying kick from an Andorian Tactical Officer will vaporize the Gorn in an instant.

Also when Gorn are vaporized they leave behind a banana split.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Warbirds look good in pink.
    So does a Sommerville. At some point I'm going to have to pull my Klink out of mothballs and see how some of those ships look in pink.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Is the pink vanity shield account or character bound? And for that matter is the caracel (I have no idea how to spell that)?
    azrael605 wrote: »
    borderline offtopic, but I met a Cryptic Dev (Neverwinter) today. At my brother's wedding of all places. Chatted briefly, nice person, fun encounter.
    As Steven Wright said, "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it."
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I have learned that Kael is doing his damnedest to become a meme while playing STO.
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    I have learned that Kael is doing his damnedest to become a meme while playing STO.
    Hmmm I'll be sure to record you if you ever livestream. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I have learned trying to enjoy myself and have fun while playing a game based on Star Trek really TRIBBLEs some people off.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    I have learned trying to enjoy myself and have fun while playing a game based on Star Trek really TRIBBLEs some people off.
    It's like Aesop said, no matter what you're doing, someone thinks you're doing it wrong.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    I've learned that during any given mission while myself and away team are on the surface, my ship in orbit is doing absolutely NOTHING to keep even the smallest enemy ship from beaming an UNLIMITED amount of ground troops to my location.
    I've learned that Marauding is easy, Diplomacy is hard, but if you hang around Cardassia Prime and also visit the neighboring system, it's less hard, but still slow to complete to level 4.
  • trianglendrusitrianglendrusi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I've learned that there's no correlation between consoles on your bridge and stations on your bridge.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I sadly learned Disco is NOT dead
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine