test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borderline FCT... Tailor enhancemet discussion

nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
what would you like to see added to the tailor?
I would like fuller color pallets it's sometimes impossible to match colors if you use the top from one uniform and the skirt from another.
what else??
u7acy6aymfw7.gif
We Need BERETS in the tailor
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    Longer hair options
    Boffs able to wear off duty article
    mixing off duty articles with uniforms
    less clunky looking boots, like 7 of 9s boots but different textures, a zipper seam
    more off duty clothes have teeshrts with logos really disappeared?
    I'd rock a Deep Space nine XXL tee and denim shorts... tennis shoes?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Male toons don't have much options for long hair one of them looks highly unusual, I also think the regular ponytail could have a less puffy variant.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What do you mean by borderline FCT?
    Is discussion of the Tailor out of bounds? Things needn't be in the FCT to be closed.

Unified Color Palette already.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    well tailor threads are pretty common.. not QUITE as common as the playable borg ones...
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Fct isn't what you might think it is. What the Fct does is to it serve two purposes. One to keep the forums from going into flame wars and another to answer the question of certain things even if you don't like this certain answer to a certain topic. It can be any of the following reasons. One they are unable change a certain thing or are unable to add a certain thing or not wanting to add a certain thing into the game or because Cbs saying no on a certain thing those answers they make Fct to help stop the demanding so to speak or the question so it doesn't pop up everytime so people would know the answers to it. Thus they close those threads and tell people to look at the fct for the answer.

They try to find a balance I think. So not every common topic they will add into it that would be stupid. It depends on different factors. Like People might debate they don't close them down for that reason alone. But when people start flaming each other and it gets out of hand they close it and certain topics have a way of going down a road that is harder to manage they close them and if this becomes to much of an issue with those types of threads they make them fct. . Outfits in general and borg ships not much of an issue like some things can be. What would make those become fct would be factors like cryptic can't do it because of reasons.

The Connie was once a Fct topic. Cbs maybe to honor Gene or some type of tradition doesn't want 24th century, 25th century high tier Ships Connies that people can easily purchase and trivialize them. So the only reason why Cryptic has been able to do them is either one make them so very rare to get to the point where its unaffordable to most or make available a version they can use without such restrictions such as a the kelvin version. For a long time this was an F.C.T Topic till it they made the Kelvin Version available. High Tier Connies are something a lot of people would buy if they had the option in the zen store but because of the flat out Cbs stipulation has on this class of starship to where they have to keep it away from a majority to keep it from being a common thing they cannot do that. So they are harder for players to get especially the tos and motion picture versions as high teir classes. So It was a Fct topic for this reason. But since they have high teir connies not much of an issue anymore. So its not an fct topic anymore.

I'd imagine and if i was in their shoes, they will feel a lot of relief when discovery stuff is over. Discovery is one of those topics that could become a F.C.T. Only reason its not is because its part of the big storyline they are doing. But the topics involving it tends to really get into that territory already.
    So I'd would not be surprised if we see this.
    Discovery, While its okay to talk about it and events involving it in ten foward or how you like to the tv show we will no longer allow any attacks that say calling it bad or that its killing off the game its not killing off the game. There is many people that like it as dislike it. For this reason we won't allow any threads that talks negative or attacks fans of the tv show. Nor will allow threads that say Discovery Klingons are not Klingons they are. And they can be easily explained by Genetic manupulation to cure the augment virus or an offset if you want to head canon them that way. Or by evolution on multiple empire worlds. I'd imagine this would become part of the fct angle on it too because of the Klingons being the major reason why people don't like the tv show to begin with.

The reason why is they changed the lore on them so much made them all bald and made them too alien when their set look says they are not and that they are closer to humans then even humans possibly do to the way the lore has them. Half Klingon/half humans are more common then half vulcans or any other kind of half human half alien. Since there was several of them in Tng and Ds9 and even on Voyager and heck there was even half klingons half romulans so yeah also a common theme of the later series. So yeah I can see why people were so upset about it. Discovery did mess up the Klingons bad but luckily the lore itself can help explain it away like the Klingon augment virus and genetic manipulation. The backlash was strong enough they were forced to take steps to correct this in season 2 restoring their hair and restoring their more klingon look as well as role out their iconic tos ship. I think this is what divides people on the tv show. People hate the tv show because of what they did to klingons major factor and also the forced political correctness of the show but star trek has always been like that so it shouldn't even be an issue. Also the Spore Drive is another thing that people might not like about it. Or they critical of the actors or the way the show is run every show has this.

So yeah I think at some point Discovery itself might warrant its own F.C.T posting. Because of the controversy and flaming that results from it. I'm hoping Picard we will see this. I think it will be a lot better and people won't complain about it as much and won't see the divide that we do with Discovery once that show comes out. Since the show seems more aligned with Sto going by the trailer.
    Post edited by thevampinator on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    First: off topic rambling. Second: Just to address some of that ridiculousness, Discovery is not ever going to be an FCT. Gatekeeping is already a trolling offense in and of itself. Now, let's please stay on topic. Thank you.

Unified color palette is the most sorely needed thing in the Tailor.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • manwholaughsmanwholaughs Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Remove tailor restrictions on costume sets, it would make unlocking certain armor sets more worthwhile via the rep system, not to mention give more incentive to purchase more outfit sets via the c-store.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I'd totally like more options in the tailer not just for outfits but for alien options too. As there are parts that females don't have that male aliens have. Cool stuff you can't really do because of how the alien selection is set up. I'd like to see them go back and give more options for them. More eye options like geordis blind eyes and blind eyes in general. I'd like to have those options for aliens.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    I absolutely agree with the tailor losing restrictions on what things can be worn with what. Freedom for fashion!
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    First: off topic rambling. Second: Just to address some of that ridiculousness, Discovery is not ever going to be an FCT. Gatekeeping is already a trolling offense in and of itself. Now, let's please stay on topic. Thank you.

Unified color palette is the most sorely needed thing in the Tailor.

This. It's never made any sense that a outfit would have different palettes for each piece.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The biggest one buy a country mile for me would be a single unified colour palette across the ENTIRE tailor for all factions.

No more of this nonsense where two different Federation uniforms have slightly different shades of black, or the nonsense where many outfits cannot have a true red/blue/black/yellow/insert colour here.
    The newest DSC and even Lukari outfits went the right way with a much more variable and bright colour assortment, making actual real colours part of the palette.

Second thing I'd love to see is for them to UTTERLY REMOVE AND BURN the ridiculous Off-duty outfit category and just allow us maximum flexibility.
    SulMatuul.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Allied uniforms unlock for rom/jem is in today's patch.
This discussion has been closed.