test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

space battlezones and ship XP

nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
I just finished the destroy tzenkethi ships endeavour, s in the battlezone. completes the king of the hill type mission and earned the rep points, but the XP meter on my phantom barely moved. what do you have to do to get experience? just do the final bosses? seems t me expecially in THAT BZ completeing a point (Esp when you killed 30 ships) you should get ship XP awarded
u7acy6aymfw7.gif
We Need BERETS in the tailor
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    It apparently works the same as with TFO's; no starship mastery XP seemingly gained when destroying the ships, but a large chunk assigned after you finish.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Tzen'kethi Zone is borked. Ship kills give nothing, during or afterwards.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Too bad you just missed that red alert weekend, in the future spamming Borg RAs is pretty much the fastest way to get your ships capped.
    qaAuoh7.gif
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The Tzenkethi Battle Zone seems borked in many ways, and one seems to be the Starship XP.
    Too bad you just missed that red alert weekend, in the future spamming Borg RAs is pretty much the fastest way to get your ships capped.

In the future, it might be the new Patrol System, as we are supposed to be getting double Ship XP in them.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    By the way most battlezones seem to give low mastery exp
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

Battlezones are a terrible way to level ships. The XP ranks somewhere between next to nothing and absolutely nothing.

It's a shame, because these should be great places for ship mastery.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Yes, the idea is to obtain Mastery by killing things and BZs lets us do that in spades. But, alas the clueless ones deem that a dodge and penalize accordingly.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    Generally speaking, most MMOs give how significantly lowered EXP in places like STO's battlezones, or even raids with hordes of enemies, in order to prevent farming there.

No one cares how other MMO's do things.

Enough already. If we want to see how other MMO's do it, we'll play those games. How other games handle things is completely irrelevant to STO.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    Well, while I agree that it doesn't matter how other MMOs do things, it's not wrong that Cryptic would rather players not sit in one area to farm XP. I believe they have gone on record to state that areas with infinitely spawning enemies either do not grant XP or grant very little by design. While I do not agree with that last notion, I can understand wanting players to vary their activities. I'd rather see Battlezones granting regular XP as elsewhere, but maybe with a daily cap, so one would need to move on to other content or another Battlezone.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    They don't want us to spend in areas indefinitely? There is a call from Argala on Line 3. Episodes are pretty bad for Mastery as well. I don't see what it matters how we Level up Mastery anyway.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    Ha! They've also stated that they don't want people grinding Argala either, which is why they've developed the new Patrols. But I agree, I think everything should grant XP, regardless of where one is. Blowing up a ship in an episode mission should grant just as much XP as blowing up a ship in a TFO or Battlezone.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited September 2019
    Yeah, I would think they would prefer people “camping” (in other words, populating) Battle Zones over doing the 4/5 Argala technique.

That just seems like a better option for everyone. We’ll see how the new patrols work out, but honestly.. I am not optimistic. It very much seems like Cryptic wants starship mastery to be as tedious as possible. They have made a concerted effort so far to make it as lengthy of a process as possible. I would be surprised to see that change.
This discussion has been closed.