test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Edison Class question

philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
If I claim the ship a toon does unlock the odyssey bridge to use other ships?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    no answer needed it. disppointment|:(
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No.

Currently the Odyssey bridge can only be used on that Ship and the Odyssey class. The bridge remains locked to those ships, so the only Captains that can use that bridge are captains that have the Odyssey or the Edison. You still can't use that bridge on something like a Jupiter for example.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    No.

Currently the Odyssey bridge can only be used on that Ship and the Odyssey class. The bridge remains locked to those ships, so the only Captains that can use that bridge are captains that have the Odyssey or the Edison. You still can't use that bridge on something like a Jupiter for example.

Yeah there's few bridges in the federation roster that are class locked there's not many but the classic TOS bridge is one (avaible for TOS style ships or their 26c(?)aka T6 equilevants since you can TOS skin on those), the Discovery era bridges are also locked to ships of that era or their "modern" equilevants (the Crossfield bridge might lock to the 2 versions of that ship I'm not sure) and ofc the Oddy bridge (and it's KDF and Rom equilevants) are locked to the flagship line.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Sorry, wrong post, the Edison have access to a lot of bridges, but not the Odissey..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    speedforce73#7331 speedforce73 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Here’s a thought , put the temporal warships on the consoles!!!!!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    Here's a thought, don't derail threads and stay on topic.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @spiritborn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yeah there's few bridges in the federation roster that are class locked there's not many but the classic TOS bridge is one (avaible for TOS style ships or their 26c(?)aka T6 equilevants since you can TOS skin on those), the Discovery era bridges are also locked to ships of that era or their "modern" equilevants (the Crossfield bridge might lock to the 2 versions of that ship I'm not sure) and ofc the Oddy bridge (and it's KDF and Rom equilevants) are locked to the flagship line.

Unfortunately that's not quite true, at least on console. I have the temporal battlecruiser and bought the TOS specifically for the skin and the bridge but the bridge can't be used on the newer ship whether you use the TOS skin or not.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,793 Arc User
    I was quite surprised that the Edison has access to the Odyssey bridge. It's a nice bonus, the bridge, while being relatively old by now, still looks really good.

I wouldn't mind if they made it available to more ships. Even if it remained limited to Fed C-store ships or even only larger Fed C-store ships.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.