test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] New Ways to Play Patrols!

13»

Comments

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    No, patrols are open instances.. if other player enters in the same instance, then they are with you..

BTW, we need a few ground patrols to mix it up a little..

I've had a couple or three patrols where somebody else was in with me. Didn't mind it. After this long in the game, I can probably carry someone either badly geared or uninformed about how to play the mission in question. It was odd the first time it happened though.

Have we ever had Ground Patrols? I know about the Ground STFs...err...TFOs and how a great many of the Ground Episodes will let you form a team to play them.

I would imagine there are a great many Ground missions from the now defunct Foundry which would work well as Ground Patrols. (HINT HINT!)

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Have we ever had Ground Patrols? I know about the Ground STFs...err...TFOs and how a great many of the Ground Episodes will let you form a team to play them.
    The Fed only patrols you could only play once had one or two ground patrols in them IIRC.
    I would imagine there are a great many Ground missions from the now defunct Foundry which would work well as Ground Patrols. (HINT HINT!)
    Cryptic has already said this sort of thing wont happen because the way Foundry missions are set up is so fundamentally different code wise that they would have to remake everything from scratch to bring a Foundry mission into the rest of the game.

Not to mention they would have to get permission from the people who made that Foundry mission due to copyright laws
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    stlhee wrote: »
    Is it a bug or a feature that after I started a new solo patrol, sometimes one or two players join me during patrol? Its annoying :(
    Thanks

No, patrols are open instances.. if other player enters in the same instance, then they are with you..

BTW, we need a few ground patrols to mix it up a little..

Really? Oh, no. I've never met with it before this event, except Cernan system. I think its a (or one of the) worst feature of the game. Because it needs some places where i can farm mastery xp or test my build without disturbing other players.
    Please add a feature to solo patrols.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    You can solo the Patrols through the UI.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > You can solo the Patrols through the UI.

I use the ui, and twice i had some other player in it, not terrible, so i don't mind..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    I have had that happen to me once. Not sure how that happened but it wasn't intentional.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > You can solo the Patrols through the UI.

I use the ui, and twice i had some other player in it, not terrible, so i don't mind..
    the old-school one-off patrols were/are also open-teamed. People didn't play them often though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg