test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jem Hadar HQ

trek1968trek1968 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
This is something have been wondering for a long time. Why don't the playable faction of Jem Hadar have a main HQ type of base? The Romulans are also a playable faction as well and they have a main HQ type of base with New Romulus. What would be involved in adding something like that for Jem Hadar? Even if it's jsut using Odo's command ship (similarly to how the Romulans used the flotilla for a long time). I would think it would be matter duplicating the code (changing a word or page or two in a few places for the names and races involved).

Is there any way that this could be forward to the Devs? Or, even better, if they will see it here??
B)

Comments

• Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Ds9 is meant to be the hub for them. But I think they should have gotten something. The thing is. It takes time to make ground maps and program all the hub features. From what I'm gathering. If they could get a lot more dev power more devs more everything to help do all this stuff. Then they could basically could maybe do something. Which one day hopefully will happen. But yeah because of that I'm guessing. Ds9 is the official hub for the Jem Hadar.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    If DS9 is meant to be the Dominion hub then where is the personnel officer and all the other things that a hub has? Sure, they have the Ketracel room and a "shipyard" but they are missing a lot of stuff. It is just another Drozana station like multi-faction meeting place that does not even have as many vendors as Drozana, not a proper faction hub.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Because if the Jem'Hadar had an actual faction hub, it would be in the Gamma Quadrant.

And no one goes to the Gamma Quadrant..

Because it sucks.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Because if the Jem'Hadar had an actual faction hub, it would be in the Gamma Quadrant.

And no one goes to the Gamma Quadrant..

Because it sucks.

That is a silly "Bill and Ted" conundrum that could be fixed by making an actual Dominion faction instead of just a fancier than usual race unlock and some ships and calling it a "faction" just because it has a single, untra-short "starter" episode. That "starter" and the fact that one (and only one) of the Dominion races uses a separate character generator instead of the 'alien' option on one of the regular factions is the only thing that distinguishes it in the game from the similar but non-faction Cardassians.

People do not go to the Gamma Quadrant because there is nothing there of interest, but change that and they would go there.

That said, since it is really Odo's faction of the Dominion they could add a few things to DS9 realistically enough since he called that station home. For that matter, there is the alpha quadrant Founder pool too, that planet could me used as a faction home just as well as something in Gamma Quadrant though it would take more work and the impression the alpha Founders give is not very conducive to a playable faction (they seem even more rigid and stuck-up than the Gamma ones).