test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery Shuttlecrafts

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
Is there any way for a vanilla Fed Toon to get a Discovery style shuttlecraft?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    At the moment I think not, at least not as playable small craft, you can get those as hangar pets from certain DSC era ships but I think the small craft version is faction locked atm.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,007 Community Moderator
    I believe there was talk of allowing non Discovery Feds to have access to the Discovery shuttle at some point.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The AoY starter ship is locked to TOS characters but the shuttle is available for purchase any Fed-aligned. The Disco starter is purchasable by any Fed-aligned but the shuttle is locked. The Dominion's starter ship and shuttle are both locked.

Interesting.
    The Dominion ones make sense honestly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The Dominion ones make sense honestly.
    Compared to every other ship of theirs being all-faction? :confused:
    We technically already have access to the Dominion Starter ship. Its the T5 Holy Bugship from the first Winter Event that is currently in the Phoenix Box. So yes... Not having access to the Dominion Starter ship makes sense.
    Sometimes I wonder if STO forums have some secret meaning for the term "makes sense" that I'm not privy to, because every time I see someone use it, it never makes any sense to me. :pensive:
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind having the Disco shuttle for another shuttle admiralty helper. But overall, I wouldn't be too upset if it never came to 2410 Feds. I have all my Disco stuff on my Disco captain, 'cause it all meshes well with warp out, beam in, scanning, etc animations.

That said, I remember hearing the same thing Rattler did about them coming to 2410 Feds anyways. I don't remember where I heard it though, sorry.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,294 Community Moderator
    warpangel wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if STO forums have some secret meaning for the term "makes sense" that I'm not privy to, because every time I see someone use it, it never makes any sense to me. :pensive:

Makes sense. :wink:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    I just want a Discovery Shuttle to go with my Discovery Connie.

I have the TOS Shuttle for my TOS Connie.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Argo
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @thlaylierah said:
    > I just want a Discovery Shuttle to go with my Discovery Connie.
    >
    > I have the TOS Shuttle for my TOS Connie.

Well, since they added Temporal spec to a bunch of ships recently. How about owning the Disco Connie unlocks an EC purchasable shuttle?

Works for me!
    ltminns wrote: »
    Argo

Argo shuttle would be interesting indeed. And also the Scout Ship from Insurrection.
    latest?cb=20060815094356
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    i would like a playable class c shuttle with disco phasers that be cool
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    This game should have new shuttles in general; a 2410 version of the DS9-era Peregrine, for example.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    This game should have new shuttles in general; a 2410 version of the DS9-era Peregrine, for example.

I would rather the shuttles be updated graphically than get Tier 6 shuttles.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    sthe91 wrote: »

Uh... who said anything about T6 Shuttles? There are no tiers for shuttles.
    And frankly I think we could use more small craft KDF side. Maybe convert some of the hanger pets into shuttles, like the Orion Slavers.
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    yeah kdf side is very short on shuttles in comparison. As for the point of the thread, I would like it for my non-discovery fed captains as well. It's the most aesthetically pleasing discovery spacecraft, and looks better than the other small craft fed side imo.

Edit: Also, the TOS Shuttlecraft is not locked to TOS, any FED captain can get one with the TOS bundle in the c-store.
    Post edited by iamjmph on
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    Shuttles really do feel neglected in the game :-(
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,496 Arc User
    bruccy wrote: »
    i would like a playable class c shuttle with disco phasers that be cool

That would be possible if they had a DSC omnibeam, something that would be good in general anyway (especially if they are the linked type of phaser or disruptor).
    I believe they do have an appropriate visual omni, however its a standard, not linked.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Argo

from TAS?
    would be fun, but then we would have to have underwater stuff to do
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    sthe91 wrote: »

Uh... who said anything about T6 Shuttles? There are no tiers for shuttles.
    And frankly I think we could use more small craft KDF side. Maybe convert some of the hanger pets into shuttles, like the Orion Slavers.

and how many would be named Slave 1??
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    from TAS?
    would be fun, but then we would have to have underwater stuff to do

Pretty sure he means the shuttle from Star Trek Nemesis. The one with the matching dune buggy.
    and how many would be named Slave 1??

One less than you're thinking at least. ;) I wouldn't name mine that.
    Yep, Nemesis, a Type 17. Matching Dune Buggy is out as the Devs can't figure out how to do Ground vehicles easily.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Since I just finished up a binge re-watch of Voyager, how about Admiral Janeway's SC-4 (uprated Type 18H) as well. Timeframe is just about right for the game too.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    iamjmph wrote: »
    yeah kdf side is very short on shuttles in comparison. As for the point of the thread, I would like it for my non-discovery fed captains as well. It's the most aesthetically pleasing discovery spacecraft, and looks better than the other small craft fed side imo.

Edit: Also, the TOS Shuttlecraft is not locked to TOS, any FED captain can get one with the TOS bundle in the c-store.

aren't rommie just as short? that said no faction in game has that many shuttles, IIRC shuttle missions were deemed unpopular and thus cryptic stopped making flyble smallcraft.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Genuinely of two minds about this. The Disco shuttle looks so much better than most of the other Starfleet small craft we have in game right now. But it would still be a shuttle with all the limitations currently imposed upon small craft. I'd spend the Zen for one. Then promptly park it after retrieving the Admiralty card. My DSC themed char would fly it in that bogus race mission in the Delta Quadrant. But this would be the only char I did this on. I enjoy some of the Shuttle Events we have. But I do not drop everything else and rush off to them when they occur.

Still, the OP's request to Cryptic seems reasonable. Other players are probably much more enthused about acquiring a Disco shuttle than I currently am. I can and do fully support any idea which allows more players to enjoy playing STO longer and more often.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
This discussion has been closed.