test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

{PS4} Ships in R&D Boxes / Promotional Ships Question

poseidon#9721 poseidon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
I really want the Discovery era Enterprise. I've already purchased about 10,000 Zen with real money. I bought as many boxes as I could with 10,000 Zen (about 40) I didn't get the ship. It's not on the exchange. Even if it were, I don't have enough EC to get it. Ships are listed at 1.5 billion. I don't have enough Dilithium to purchase more Zen.

Question: Will I still be able to possibly the ship later? (i.e. Infinity box / Phoenix Box; though, if that's the case, it will probably be epic token, and I have yet to get an epic token)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Yes. New R & D promo pack ships are added to the R & D promo infinity pack so they are available several times a year.

Note: that only the R & D promo packs sold during promo events give you the lobi or 1 in 100 chance at the ship. You can open those promo packs later, and you can even buy them from the exchange, but make sure it is the promo pack.

Regular packs give you just R & D stuff no matter when you open them.

Note 2: if you buy 40 packs, before you open them you have a 33% chance of getting at least one ship, 1.0 - (.99)^40. On PC the 40 packs would sell for around 600 million EC, so if you did that 3 times you could have paid that 1.x billion.
  • Options
    poseidon#9721 poseidon Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Thank you for the information. I don't even have 100 million EC.
    So I would need 100 all at the same time to have a better chance at getting the ship.
    I don't have that much disposable dollars nor enough dilithium to trade for Zen.
    I would like the ship now, but knowing that there will be other chances, makes the loss easier to handle. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.