test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long is the T6 coupon good for?

miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
Just got mine, am fed, however pretty much none of the ships except mayyyyyybe the Europa among the ships I'm able to get with this interest me.

However, the new temporal ships interest me... but I can't get them because they are new ships. So the question is really 2 fold... how long are the coupons valid and how long until temporal ships are no longer "new"?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    From what I understand, it’s good indefinitely... BMR and/or Kael had answered a similar question some time ago... they responded that you can keep a coupon until the ship you want leaves the “New” ships list...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    ^This is correct.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I'm still trying to decide myself which ship I want. I'm veering between the Arbiter or maybe Dauntless. It's sitting in the acct bank till I decide who gets to use it and what for.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I'm still trying to decide myself which ship I want. I'm veering between the Arbiter or maybe Dauntless. It's sitting in the acct bank till I decide who gets to use it and what for.

The Arbiter is a nice ship in itself, and Emergency Weapon Cycle is a great trait for use with almost any ship.

I already have it, so I'm thinking I'll get the Romulan Kholhr Temporal Warbird from the bundle once it's no longer new.
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User

The Arbiter is a nice ship in itself, and Emergency Weapon Cycle is a great trait for use with almost any ship.

I already have it, so I'm thinking I'll get the Romulan Kholhr Temporal Warbird from the bundle once it's no longer new.
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Yeah I am thinking of doing the same here.

also me, it's a neat rom ship i can have on my fed that all my other characters can have cuz account unlock

the sad part is I actually wanted the klingon version more... but fed.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @echatty said:
    > I'm still trying to decide myself which ship I want. I'm veering between the Arbiter or maybe Dauntless. It's sitting in the acct bank till I decide who gets to use it and what for.

I went with the Chronos, I like Dreads and it's cross-faction so all 21 characters can claim it, and get Trait, Admiralty, etc.

I love the Chronos. I have it on a couple characters. Another one flies the Eternal too, which is a very nice ship too.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    > @echatty said:
    > I'm still trying to decide myself which ship I want. I'm veering between the Arbiter or maybe Dauntless. It's sitting in the acct bank till I decide who gets to use it and what for.

I went with the Chronos, I like Dreads and it's cross-faction so all 21 characters can claim it, and get Trait, Admiralty, etc.

I love the Chronos. I have it on a couple characters. Another one flies the Eternal too, which is a very nice ship too.

My main uses the Chronos atm, I got the pack it was part of for my birthday a while back, it's a decent ship, while it's not "meta" I think it has served me well enough. My AoY toon uses the Eternal as well and my KDF and Romulan Republic toons use the raider (can't remember the class name of that one atm).
    edited August 2019
    spiritborn wrote: »
    > @echatty said:

My main uses the Chronos atm, I got the pack it was part of for my birthday a while back, it's a decent ship, while it's not "meta" I think it has served me well enough. My AoY toon uses the Eternal as well and my KDF and Romulan Republic toons use the raider (can't remember the class name of that one atm).

Quick google and it's the Ouroboros. I don't have anyone who uses that one yet, but they could. Mostly use the Eternal and Chronos from the pack.

I never cared what was meta, I just fly what I like or experiment with others. I also don't care about 'canon' ship only for each toon. My friend is that way, all her stuff for her toons is canon. Ships and energy weapons and uniforms and ground weapons all must 'fit'. She has Fed, Rom and Klings, though at heart she is Fed.

Now I do have some 'canon' ships that I like, but I'll fly whatever takes my fancy, which is usually a cross-faction, Event ship.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I had acquired the JH vanguard heavy raider - I am happy with it

I may buy the JH vanguard dread later cause its the only of the 4 T6 vanguard ships I miss
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Isn't it nice of to have this tough decision? lol
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    > @echatty said:

Quick google and it's the Ouroboros. I don't have anyone who uses that one yet, but they could. Mostly use the Eternal and Chronos from the pack.

I never cared what was meta, I just fly what I like or experiment with others. I also don't care about 'canon' ship only for each toon. My friend is that way, all her stuff for her toons is canon. Ships and energy weapons and uniforms and ground weapons all must 'fit'. She has Fed, Rom and Klings, though at heart she is Fed.

Now I do have some 'canon' ships that I like, but I'll fly whatever takes my fancy, which is usually a cross-faction, Event ship.

I like building my ships according to a theme I've made up for them for example my AoY toon has full temporal set with matching weapons to fit her "theme" as a temporal agent.

Sure the more DPS I can do within that theme the better but I'm not gonna loose sleep over it either, as for the Ouroboros with the right shield visuals you can make it look either like a klingon ship or a romulan ship.
    I may break the Ouroboros one day just to fly her for the trait. It's an interesting ship, for sure.

Still holding onto my coupon, probably till the anniversary. No hurry to get another ship right now anyway.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    > @echatty said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @echatty said:
    > > I'm still trying to decide myself which ship I want. I'm veering between the Arbiter or maybe Dauntless. It's sitting in the acct bank till I decide who gets to use it and what for.
    >
    > I went with the Chronos, I like Dreads and it's cross-faction so all 21 characters can claim it, and get Trait, Admiralty, etc.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I love the Chronos. I have it on a couple characters. Another one flies the Eternal too, which is a very nice ship too.

I'm running a shakedown cruise in the Chronos on my Vanguard Jem, so far it compares well with the Vanguard Dread.

Hopefully your shakedown cruiser goes better than Enterprise-B's one :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
    > @echatty said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @echatty said:
    > > I'm still trying to decide myself which ship I want. I'm veering between the Arbiter or maybe Dauntless. It's sitting in the acct bank till I decide who gets to use it and what for.
    >
    > I went with the Chronos, I like Dreads and it's cross-faction so all 21 characters can claim it, and get Trait, Admiralty, etc.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I love the Chronos. I have it on a couple characters. Another one flies the Eternal too, which is a very nice ship too.

I'm running a shakedown cruise in the Chronos on my Vanguard Jem, so far it compares well with the Vanguard Dread.

Glad you like it. It does compare well with the Jem dread. I have that one on my Jems and may move them to a Chronos just to have something different.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I prefer the Chronos setup over the Jem Vanguard Dreadnought.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
    I understand why they didnt do that, and it would be a challenge to work differently, but I would had preferred if we could use the coupon as discount towards a pack. For example if a pack had 3 ships to get 1/3 discount on that pack. It would maybe also raise their income a bit - if people paid packs partially in zen. That said the coupon was maybe one of the most surprising and nice things done by cryptic for the players this year so I am also happy as it was
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    From what I understand, it’s good indefinitely... BMR and/or Kael had answered a similar question some time ago... they responded that you can keep a coupon until the ship you want leaves the “New” ships list...

CM

Wait, coupon is only good for old T6 ships?! Typical.

So, is Gagarin Miracle Worker Battlecruiser an eligible ship then?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »

CM

It cant work on ships that are currently in New Items tab of the c-store

if you want it for a ship that is in there, then you need to wait it exit that tab - usually done by next c-store ship release

and from Fed ships I see the temporal destroyer and buran there - I dont see the gagarin there
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »

CM

It cant work on ships that are currently in New Items tab of the c-store

if you want it for a ship that is in there, then you need to wait it exit that tab - usually done by next c-store ship release

and from Fed ships I see the temporal destroyer and buran there - I dont see the gagarin there

It's this one: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Gagarin_Miracle_Worker_Battlecruiser I was going to get it for the Trait.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Gagarin should be eligible. I got the Europa myself.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Yes since its not in that New Items tab, it should be good
    Gagarin should be eligible. I got the Europa myself.

Thanks. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If they keep coming out with 'Bundles', mini or otherwise, I will find it difficult to get a ship. Though I guess if they have a two pack release, after not new, I could get one for free and the other at 50% off.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I can't decide between getting a ship I'd probably eventually buy anyway or a ship that I'd never buy, but want (just not enough to spend money on) for some other reason like the trait, weapon, or console.

Indecision keeps the coupon sitting in my inventory with the hope that new ship will break the tie.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    If they keep coming out with 'Bundles', mini or otherwise, I will find it difficult to get a ship. Though I guess if they have a two pack release, after not new, I could get one for free and the other at 50% off.
    Yeah, there are very few T6 ships that are not in any bundle, all Fed.
    warpangel wrote: »

Qugh and M'chla from the newer ones arent in a bundle I think

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »

Qugh and M'chla from the newer ones arent in a bundle I think
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Discovery_Operations_Pack
This discussion has been closed.