test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BUGGED KOBALI ACT II Missions Looming Shadows not given.

strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
edited August 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Shows Data Recovery is DONE which is the FINAL ACT I Mission--says rewards reduced if I do it again..

Yet I see Act II Missions 'selection' in the REPLAY CONSOLE; yet it lists no missions under Act II, selecting it then shows a blank canvas. Then when I go to the General he only gives the first listed Mission as Act III; yet then lists the first 3 'Act I Missions' missions less Data Recovery. I've got to Hanchon but he gives nothing; and in the final update I worked around this, only by having it shared by a friend.

This has been BUGGED for well over a 1-2 years, seems several issues have been corrected, since I first reported 6-9 months ago. Yet for some reason Hanchon still does not share the first Act II Mission after completing Data Recovery. Please FIX.
0zxlclk.png
Post edited by strathkin on

Comments

• tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Act 2 is provided by Hanchon Sandalore, if I am correct.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    He is at the Hillside Base.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2019
    I've just run to the Hillside Base after finishing Station Cancelled to Hanchon Jetanian, and I'm now doing "Data Recovery" which he's previously offered, so yet again I'm cycling thru it for what seems like the 4-5x. This behavior only seems to trigger on my Feresen Character too.

Yet before I turn those in Act II, I will REDO "Temple of my People" yet again for the 'countless time' seeing if the general will finally offer me the 4th and final mission.

Advancement Progress of Act II missions seems to never record, cause even though I've done all Act I missions, it never recorded the final Act I "Data Recovery" mission as completed in REPLAY console.

Only Transporter unlocked is City Outskirts.

So then I try and restart from the start doing the Act I 3rd Mission over again. So why is the 4th Mission missing from Replay "Data Recovery" despite being completed?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Kobali_Crisis_Act_I

So none of the Act II missions seem to unlock or become available, and My Feresen has had this 'glitch' for 1-2 years and is the only character who has this strange problem. I was only able to start "Looming Shadows" below by having a friend share it with me. This is where the GLITCH seems to be in Hanchon not offering Looming Shadows; despite the predecessor having been completed.

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2019
    NOTE: I'm giving a play by play so DEV's can see exactly where and what may be the cause.
    Act 2 is provided by Hanchon Sandalore, if I am correct.

Yes and thank you, my glitch seems to be more an underlying error, in progress not being properly recorded; so I've tried to explain the unusual behavior above.

I've completed "Data Recovery" several times in fact. Yet the problem is I never get offered any of the Act II missions identified here:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Kobali_Crisis_Act_II

Looming Shadows never is offered by Hanchon unless it's given by someone who has the mission, despite all the Act I missions having been completed. Data Recovery despite being done also does not show up in REPLAY CONSOLE; hence the unusual glitch.

Something previously always gets 'LOST' after I logout of my Feresen toon and log back in.

@ambassadorkael#6946

Yet the General did offer and give me Hidden Assault which I'm in the process of doing again. Looming Shadows is now showing in Replay Console; yet fear it will be lost after logging out.
    1. I've also completed A New Warfare the final and last mission in Act II--also now showing at Replay Console.
    2. Also complete all Act III Missions now showing in Replay Console as well.
    3. Time to LOGIN and back in to see now if the PROGRESS remains? :*

So the Replay & Missions now are 'saved' after Logging Out: So the only remaining BUG since this was first reported is Looming Shadows the first Act II Mission never got given by Hanchon. I was however this time able to work around it by having it, and the Act II mission reshared by a friend.

I can only 'guess' because the Act II mission wasn't an 'available' mission; Hanchon never offered Looming Shadows?
    0zxlclk.png