test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Endeavor Reroll Bugged

echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
Seems any time I want to reroll Complete Iconian TFOs the system won't let me. When I click 'yes' nothing happens. No reroll, no taking the token. Happens any time I try. This is the hard endeavor this time.
Now a LTS and loving it.
Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D

Comments

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    next time this occurs can you get it on video, even if it's crappy cell phone quality? this can sometimes reveal things not seen on the first pass.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I'll see what I can do, even if I take multiple screens during it.

If I can explain it. I click the reroll button, get asked if I want to do that, click yes. All the reroll buttons grey out for a bit, then turn blue again. The Endeavor doesn't reroll and I don't lose a reroll token.

Also, it seems to only happen with Iconian TFOs. Any other TFO Endeavor I've rerolled hasn't given me any problems. Nor on any other Endeavors, though usually I try to do the Endeavors I'm given, so I don't reroll often.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • olixioolixio Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I have the same problem trying to re-roll "Complete Iconian TFOs", on the highest Endeavor [Purple Reward]. It has happened several times, since they first introduced Endeavors. It also happens "Complete Lukari TFOs". I've reported this before and I guess it's completely ignored by the developers.
    Yes, I noticed when I rerolled Lukari that it wouldn't reroll too. Everything else rerolls fine, just those two.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    I got a batch that I didn't care for the other day. Tried rerolling the UR one (I think it was 30 Borg ships, and I wasn't in the mood for an ISA or any other Borg TFO) and it wouldn't go. Then I looked at the Uncommon one and it was a single Lukari TFO, so I decided to reroll that and it worked. After that reroll, I was able to reroll the UR one, too. Looks to me like the UR just needs a nudge from another one getting rerolled to become eligible for its own. That's obviously not a good solution, though, since you may not want to reroll another one, and it ends up costing you two tokens to reroll a single one.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    olixio wrote: »
    I have the same problem trying to re-roll "Complete Iconian TFOs", on the highest Endeavor [Purple Reward]. It has happened several times, since they first introduced Endeavors. It also happens "Complete Lukari TFOs". I've reported this before and I guess it's completely ignored by the developers.

simply because a bug isn't fixed right away doesn't mean it's being ignored. It takes time to fix bugs properly and knowing what is broke is only half the battle. Next comes implementing a solution that doesn't foul things up even worse. A single one or zero out of place can bring down the entire thing, be it at small time modder level like I do for older games, or full on studio production like Cryptic.
    anodynes wrote: »
    I got a batch that I didn't care for the other day. Tried rerolling the UR one (I think it was 30 Borg ships, and I wasn't in the mood for an ISA or any other Borg TFO) and it wouldn't go. Then I looked at the Uncommon one and it was a single Lukari TFO, so I decided to reroll that and it worked. After that reroll, I was able to reroll the UR one, too. Looks to me like the UR just needs a nudge from another one getting rerolled to become eligible for its own. That's obviously not a good solution, though, since you may not want to reroll another one, and it ends up costing you two tokens to reroll a single one.

So once you rolled the Lukari one, the other one worked? I suspect it's Lukari in general from what i'm reading here that is the problem. I'll let them know.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    olixio wrote: »

simply because a bug isn't fixed right away doesn't mean it's being ignored. It takes time to fix bugs properly and knowing what is broke is only half the battle. Next comes implementing a solution that doesn't foul things up even worse. A single one or zero out of place can bring down the entire thing, be it at small time modder level like I do for older games, or full on studio production like Cryptic.
    anodynes wrote: »

So once you rolled the Lukari one, the other one worked? I suspect it's Lukari in general from what i'm reading here that is the problem. I'll let them know.

Correct about how it worked. Rerolled the Uncommon Lukari TFO one and then the VR (Not UR, as I mistakenly put above. There are no UR Endeavors) Borg one, which had previously refused to reroll, succeeded in rerolling.

I'm not so certain that Lukari or Iconian TFO Endeavors are necessarily the cause of the problems, though. It might just be that people attempt to reroll those more because they're not fond of the TFOs because they don't find them fun, or they take too long, or whatever other reason, and that's why we see this behavior more often with them.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    For me, it's Iconian and Lukari that don't reroll. Thanks for sending it in, dark.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    My problem with re-roll has also always been when Lukari TFO's was one of the Endeavors.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    I was just able to reroll Iconian and Lukari TFOs in the middle range, so it seems that only the purple ones won't reroll for me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.