test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloaked Federation Carrier?

thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
I saw a Federation Carrier cloaked in game today. He was cloaked for at least 10 minutes before his ship disappeared as he logged out or beamed to the planet.

How is this possible?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Which carrier was it? There are Fed ships with hangar bays that can cloak.. the Yamato (with Defiant console,) the Vengeance, etc.

If it wasn't a ship that can equip a cloak normally, perhaps he was using something like Quantum Singularity Manipulation which can be used on any ship. That certainly doesn't last 10 minutes though.. only a few seconds.

Hard to say without seeing it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    It was the Jupiter Class Carrier.

I thought maybe he was using some kind of console or equipment set I didn't know about. I have Quantum Singularity Manipulation on my ship.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am not aware of any way to cloak the Jupiter.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited August 2019
    He must have had HAX! :open_mouth:

He didn't respond when I asked him about it.

Was over Nimbus a few minutes before I posted.

I thought I was missing out on some console or set I didn't know about.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    The Intel Team ability can cloak a vessel, and the Jupiter can slot that in its Lt. Comm Engineering/Intel seat, so if there was a circle that popped up above the ship now and then it was likely Intel Team. Not sure how to get 100% uptime on that ability, though I've not played with it much.
    edited August 2019
    The only effect other than being cloaked was an occasional swirl of cloak colored energy around the ship with a "wooshing" sound effect.

I was fiddling with Endeavors and salvage so got to observe him quite awhile.
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Competitive set maybe? The weapon 2-piece will cloak you if you're stopped.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Obfuscated_Strategist_Set
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    The only effect other than being cloaked was an occasional swirl of cloak colored energy around the ship with a "wooshing" sound effect.

I was fiddling with Endeavors and salvage so got to observe him quite awhile.

Could this be it?
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Mask_Energy_Field
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User

I was going to mention this. If he was sitting there for a solid 10 minutes cloaked, this is literally the only thing it could be. I use it on my Tarantula.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    I'll add in and say it's likely Obfuscated Strategist, since the effect looks visually like a cloak and the set can be used on any ship.

If in doubt, always select them and mouse over the icons next to the portrait for buffs etc.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Don't think it is Obfuscated Strategist, That doesn't have the "wooshing effect" mentioned above. The mask energy field from the KHG set however does have that effect.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited August 2019

He was stopped throughout my observation.
    questerius wrote: »
    Don't think it is Obfuscated Strategist, That doesn't have the "wooshing effect" mentioned above. The mask energy field from the KHG set however does have that effect.

Only he was cloaked while among several other ships including my own that were not cloaked.

This discussion has been closed.