test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2019/2020 roadmap

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    T6 Talaxian restaurant ship with talking holo-Neelix unlock?

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. :lol:
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ozzymiteozzymite Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Hi
    Just curious if anyone knows when the next Earn A Free T6 Starship Token I've played the last tow everyday and got 2700 and am 300 short to get a ship :( .
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Sompek coming up.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    ozzymite wrote: »
    Hi
    Just curious if anyone knows when the next Earn A Free T6 Starship Token I've played the last tow everyday and got 2700 and am 300 short to get a ship :( .

Arena of Sompek - Commences August 8th. Dont think it could be anything else
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Ships we've been waiting for? Why it is the Jem'Hadar LTS Destroyer and Honored First Shuttle/Gig/Chariot, don't you know.

The Engle Class - we have the Mirror Universe version already in the game directly from an Infinity Lockbox. Of course the regular version offered here will not be Fleet Grade, you'll have to use one of this Reputation T6 Fleet Ship Modules to equalize that.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    The Jellyfish...

I almost exploded in pure joy before remembering the very high likeliness of it being locked behind R&D boxes.
    That still can happen - they do not say how we get the ship to command… or the Altamid drones...
    Actually, it appears that the Altamid drones will be the reward for NWS. Not sure how that's gonna work, but we'll find out later.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The problem is that all the old pre-Legacy of Romulus patrols are one and done. Not repeatable.
    To be fair, playing those even once is something of a torture upon itself.
    They had small, self-contained stories, but rather unique ones.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    T6 Talaxian restaurant ship with talking holo-Neelix unlock?

Puts phaser to head pulls trigger

• shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The Jellyfish...

I almost exploded in pure joy before remembering the very high likeliness of it being locked behind R&D boxes.

All the Kelvin ships are lockbox/Lobi. So will these, probably.

Kelvin uniforms and ship in the Lobi store. Yaaay.pig-24.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    If people had any modicum of curiosity they would have flown to different systems, to see what was there. There is STOs exploration system.

The problem is that all the old pre-Legacy of Romulus patrols are one and done. Not repeatable.
    Exploration by definition is.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    So Gamma will probably finally have patrols.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    At least T6 Engle is confirmed, with a 2410 skin... As all that are released in a pack, so i'm happy!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    gaevsman wrote: »
    At least T6 Engle is confirmed, with a 2410 skin... As all that are released in a pack, so i'm happy!

https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Sech_class

and

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Engle_class

Personally I like more the KDF ships and while I do have things I dont like from discovery, ships range from ok to excellent for me with Sarcophagus being my top of DSC
    Post edited by lordmerc22 on
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    > @lordmerc22 said:
    > gaevsman wrote: »
    >
    > At least T6 Engle is confirmed, with a 2410 skin... As all that are released in a pack, so i'm happy!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Sech_class
    >
    > and
    >
    > https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Engle_class
    >
    >
    > Personally I like more KDF ships and while I do have things I dont like from discovery ships range from ok to excellent for me with Sarcophagus being my top of DSC

Yeah, i have the mirror Engle, it would look great in a 2410 skin.. with the mirror material
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • firebeard#3273 firebeard Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I'm interested in the new Patrols. I like them as is, sometimes you scan asteroids, sometimes you engage a rival faction or just stop two brothers from fighting, etc... pretty Trekky in my opinion. I hope they keep the same tone and not try to reinvent the wheel.

Also, I understand that many have been waiting for a T6 Nova class vessel and I hope those asking are rewarded for the long wait. So, I'll second the motion solidarity.
    "Victory is not determined by whose armies are strongest. It is determined by who is left standing." - Napoléon
  • darkwilow13darkwilow13 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I can still dream of getting FASA era ships ingame but that reality's never going to manifest. Too bad too because the Winged Defender (see pic) is one of fandoms FAVORITES that's never made it in an actual ST game without having been modded into it.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The roadmap looks solid, though not particularly remarkable. It looks more like a retrenchment map than a growth map if you get what I mean.

I had been hoping and continue to hope that they will introduce space and ground maps in which we can test builds and equipment that is consistently repeatable with no cool down - rewards unnecessary. I want to be able to jump into and out of a map and compare performance after making tweaks to builds so I can compare consoles, weapons, or traits. Sure, I could do a 4/5 patrol like Japoori getting an accurate read on performance would be easier if we didn't have to bother with keeping track of the number of waves completed, stopping the parser, then flying out of combat to leave the map.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I can still dream of getting FASA era ships ingame but that reality's never going to manifest. Too bad too because the Winged Defender (see pic) is one of fandoms FAVORITES that's never made it in an actual ST game without having been modded into it.

Actually... I believe the design was seen in vinilla Armada 2 as well as Legacy.

Armada II
    350?cb=20070124214933

Legacy
    latest?cb=20061108144632
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    The roadmap looks solid, though not particularly remarkable. It looks more like a retrenchment map than a growth map if you get what I mean.

I had been hoping and continue to hope that they will introduce space and ground maps in which we can test builds and equipment that is consistently repeatable with no cool down - rewards unnecessary. I want to be able to jump into and out of a map and compare performance after making tweaks to builds so I can compare consoles, weapons, or traits. Sure, I could do a 4/5 patrol like Japoori getting an accurate read on performance would be easier if we didn't have to bother with keeping track of the number of waves completed, stopping the parser, then flying out of combat to leave the map.

They probably keep the "remarkable" for the 10th anniversary celebrations as it is a significant milestone that not many mmo games get to experience anymore
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

They probably keep the "remarkable" for the 10th anniversary celebrations as it is a significant milestone that not many mmo games get to experience anymore

Off the top of my head only Everquest, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV(questionble due the relaunch) and Star Trek Online can claim to have ran for 10 years or more for a semi-main stream MMOs. There's few that could be "maybe" from MMOs I've played but I can't remember that launch dates atm so I didn't include them.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    Well, the storyline that is supposed to "change the face of the game" is supposed to start around/shortly after the 10th anniv, so likely.

So our Captains will no longer be genocidal maniacs?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    starkaos wrote: »
    So our Captains will no longer be genocidal maniacs?
    Its hard to no longer be something we never were in the first place. Given that we never fight a species to total extermination, and the enemy always fires first, meaning we are just defending ourselves, we are neither genocidal, or maniacs.

True. We've butchered millions, but they were all coming right at us. ;)

... and it was Kal Dano who almost managed to genocide the Na'kuhl, we just sat back and watched.

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    We only allowed a few genocides to happen to protect the timeline ... and all life from at least two other parallel universes.

We've got to destroy the Genocidal Galactic Union!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    and it was Kal Dano who almost managed to genocide the Na'kuhl, we just sat back and watched.
    You mean the Tholians, who we actively tried to stop.

But after he got tox uthat back he didnt restore nahkul star the same way he did earlier with lukari star. He just went on to hide it because unlike lukari he didnt have any connection to nahkul...and we complied
This discussion has been closed.