test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2019/2020 roadmap

shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
Saw on Facebook where they posted about it says in January ships we have been waiting for
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11222463

its on Arc too

I wonder which are included too
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    could be more Kelvin Universe ships as we're getting the Jellyfish and the Altamid Drones were from Star Trek Beyond.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    The Jellyfish...

I almost exploded in pure joy before remembering the very high likeliness of it being locked behind R&D boxes.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    The Jellyfish...

I almost exploded in pure joy before remembering the very high likeliness of it being locked behind R&D boxes.
    That still can happen - they do not say how we get the ship to command… or the Altamid drones...
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Here is the Roadmap:

Events and FTFOs are your friend.

Months are noted by the Featured TFO for that month.

Sompek and Kobayashi are firmly ensconced as 14-day runs. No more of these as namby-pamby Weekend runs.

Maybe(?) an Episode or so in September.

December is the Winter Event.

January (late) starts the Anniversary Event.

Featured Episodes with sets of items are a thing of the past.

FTFOs are the content for one-off special reward items.

More repeatable ways to earn a T6 ship.

New Patrol system because people found the existing ones were hard to find. (Those must have been the same people that got lost in the old Exploration Clusters).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Was also announced on Twitter.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    My favorite parts of this roadmap are.
    DEFEAT THE KOBAYASHI MARU ON CONSOLE

Some cryptic artist obviously doesn't play the game or watch Star Trek. Unless Al wrote this himself which would be embarrassing to say the least.
    TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY
    A CELEBRATION OF STAR TREK ONLINE
    SHIPS YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR...

This is the most exploitable part of the road map. It's potentially the new "change the face of the game." I mean, really? "Ships you've been waiting for?" All T6 ships CONFIRMED!!!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    Sompek and Kobayashi are firmly ensconced as 14-day runs. No more of these as namby-pamby Weekend runs.
    Pardon my quarian but "bosh'tet!"

Jeez, I liked these 2 because they were a welcome break from the usual 14 and 25-day runs of the game. Plus, it was fitting since it was all about endurance, so having fewer runs but longer ones to compensate.
    My favorite parts of this roadmap are.
    DEFEAT THE KOBAYASHI MARU ON CONSOLE

Some cryptic artist obviously doesn't play the game or watch Star Trek. Unless Al wrote this himself which would be embarrassing to say the least.

Actually, I'd love to be able to obliterate this infuriating, suicidal troll of a ship for once.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Typhoon Class? :D
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    saber1973a wrote: »
    That still can happen - they do not say how we get the ship to command… or the Altamid drones...

We haven't had a lockbox style small craft for years. Last one I remember was the Vaadwaur fighter.

As for the Altamid Drones... either a hanger or summon. My guess.

Does the fact we're getting Altamid Drones mean we're gonna get access to more Beyond stuff like the survival jacket and the Franklin? Hell... wouldn't mind seeing the Kelvin and the Klingon "Warbird" either.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    saber1973a wrote: »

We haven't had a lockbox style small craft for years. Last one I remember was the Vaadwaur fighter.

As for the Altamid Drones... either a hanger or summon. My guess.

Does the fact we're getting Altamid Drones mean we're gonna get access to more Beyond stuff like the survival jacket and the Franklin? Hell... wouldn't mind seeing the Kelvin and the Klingon "Warbird" either.

Would love the Franklin and jacket

• Options
    edited August 2019
    It also says ships and not ship - it could be a couple or even a bundle of more

I hope VoQuv is included too but wont keep my breath on it
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    As far as the Patrols are concerned, if you ran into a system (actually ran into it) you would have been told about a Patrol. You couldn't go anywhere in the Delta Quadrant without bumping into Patrols. Same around New Romulus.

If people had any modicum of curiosity they would have flown to different systems, to see what was there. There is STOs exploration system.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The Jellyfish...

Given the size of the jellyfish being like not even a shuttle, and the fact we are getting a T6 Fek'Ihri ship, i wouldn't be surprised if the Jellyfish is just some new hanger pet or something

I don't think they would advertise a pet so prominently, and I don't think small ships sell very well, so I kind of think it might be some kind of Science ship. Maybe with hull and maneuverability similar to a BoP? If so it'll either be Lockbox or R&D.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Well the size of vulcan scout is almost shuttle worthy and that of risian corvertte is small too but they are still T6 ships
  • Options
    If people had any modicum of curiosity they would have flown to different systems, to see what was there. There is STOs exploration system.

The problem is that all the old pre-Legacy of Romulus patrols are one and done. Not repeatable.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    As far as the Patrols are concerned, if you ran into a system (actually ran into it) you would have been told about a Patrol. You couldn't go anywhere in the Delta Quadrant without bumping into Patrols. Same around New Romulus.

A lot of people seem to do nothing but transwarp now, jumping from mission to mission without ever travelling in sector space. The would never randomly bump into other systems that have patrols (though there are also patrols in some of the mission systems as well). They might think that the missions go to every world so looking around would be useless or something.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    what would be NICE (never going to happen) is to earn the tokens to get any of the anniversary ships from the past..
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Since the Jellyfish is coming I wonder if the USS Kelvin or JJPrise-A could be part of the "Ships you've been waiting for" thing.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Since the Jellyfish is coming I wonder if the USS Kelvin or JJPrise-A could be part of the "Ships you've been waiting for" thing.

Enterprise A. I doubt Abrams even saw the film, never mind had the ship named after him.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    my wild guesses about the "ships you've have been waiting for" part, in order of likelihood.

1. officially deciding to keep the earn a ship though playing ftfo system.
    2. declaring factions don't matter and letting anyone fly any ships.
    3. release ship they want that the fan base will be somewhat unimpressed with.
    4. throwing a group of ships the fanbase has been asking they don't think will sell in a pack and just taking the "loss" as part of the giveaways for the 10th.
    5. it means nothing they just needed a hype building fun way to end the road map.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    Kelvin Klingon "Warbird", USS Kelvin, maybe a Kelvin Timeline shuttle...
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    T6 Talaxian restaurant ship with talking holo-Neelix unlock?
This discussion has been closed.