test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I the only one thinking Carriers get devalued through the new upgrade?

13»

Comments

• stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    the thing I really don't like is how devalued pure science ships are now. why would anyone wantt o fly a Nebula or Intrepid at this point? there are far more powerful ships out there now. about the only way you could make them viable is to severely cut the shared cooldowns, to allow overlap on gravity wells, or overhaul GW and TR to be a LOT more powerful.. with the secondary deflector there should be no reason not to toss out a GW and a TR at the same time.

I main a Nebula. Because I don't care about what the "most powerful" is, since I am not competing with anyone. There will always be a best ship, and then the next and then the next. But why chase that? To do the same three TFOs over and over again, slightly faster?​​

probably because you have not faced what casual players face, the inevitable comments about" the nOOb" in TFOs "so now i have to pick up thier slack" comments. and agree that sci ships need a facelift. IMHO a Lcdr tac slot should be on EVERY starship with fewer that 8 weapons. a revamp of Viral Matrix would be a very welcome addition as well, as well as the ability to combo powers. A TR dropped in a GW would be devastating.

Reducing the cooldown on the existing innate abilities would probably help a lot. You have to wait a very long time to use your system targeting abilities again. What if this were a "stance" like engineering commands? Click what systems you want to damage and your ship's attacks would constantly affect that system on the target. Giving Sci ships an automatic bonus for using some of the countermeasures like scramble sensors would also help. As it is, any ship can use any sci ability about as well as dedicated sci ships.
This discussion has been closed.