test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Brainstorming: Improving the Captains Table

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    and there's also hassan's bar on nimbus, which in some ways is worse, since it has dancing girls with human skin tones​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    - Add some atmosphere, like a bar with dancing Orion girls.
    this isn't totally impossible however it could run afoul of the age rating (STO is T-rated in US or 16 under the PEGI rating), so this could be considered improper content for that rating (also not all players might want a bar like that)

We have some table dancing Orion girls at our KDF base Shim. B)
    I haven't seen those but still, I said "could" not "would" still there's "you can have this much but not more" clause at least in US ratings. So the KDF bars and Hassan's bar could be OK but anymore would be too much (stupid I know but I don't make those laws).
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    and there's also hassan's bar on nimbus, which in some ways is worse, since it has dancing girls with human skin tones​​

Along with dancing guys.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    To be honest, it's a bit of a joke that they advertise being able to visit the Captain's Table as a perk of being a lifer.
    I mean, the place is so pointless that the moment you arrive you are asked if you want to leave, as it assumes you are there by mistake!

^^ This!

That place is so obsolete, it's an eye-sore even. 'Improving the Captain's Table' would amount to them having to redo it from scratch.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Since nobody is a Captain (except RPers) let's have a Fleet Admirals Table instead. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,596 Arc User
    this isn't totally impossible however it could run afoul of the age rating (STO is T-rated in US or 16 under the PEGI rating), so this could be considered improper content for that rating (also not all players might want a bar like that)

and there are dancing girls in the wasteland arc, where you talk to the Orion boss (dancing boy too) and Q has his dancing girl entourage.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Anyways...

If the map needs to be redone... I wouldn't mind seeing Taco work his magic. After all... he and his team have done amazing work with ESD and DS9.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

and there are dancing girls in the wasteland arc, where you talk to the Orion boss (dancing boy too) and Q has his dancing girl entourage.

"A million light years from where humanity began, and we walk into a bar filled with men drooling over half naked women shaking their asses on a stage. I can't decide if that's funny or sad." -- Ashley Williams (Mass Effect)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    roflmao
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2019

Have not been there in a while but think I remember that some half nude dudes where mixed up into at as well. :s Why not. :D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    - NPC you can access when all your crafting schools are at level 20 that sells account bound tokens which set a crafting school of your choice to level 15.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User

Have not been there in a while but think I remember that some half nude dudes where mixed up into at as well. :s Why not. :D
    IIRC there's 1 guy next to the (seemingly) male NPC you have to talk, as for Q at least on federation side those "dancing girls" are clearly a joke as they're male fek'ihr (or however you spelled it), though IIRC they're actually female on KDF side.
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Make it into a fleet hub for all fleets and a recruitment hub.

How about adding a fleet exchange system of some kind there,possibly not workable.
    Could become an interactive fleet meeting ground of some kind.

Fleets pretty much ignore each other unless in the same armada-so a fleet messaging service like a notice board.
    Say fleet A needs weapons and fleet B has them available.
    Or set up teams for tfos on certain dates.

Possibly again unworkable.
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    - NPC you can access when all your crafting schools are at level 20 that sells account bound tokens which set a crafting school of your choice to level 15.

Why?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited July 2019
    Just like the various Recruitments we've had where the Recruit, after some work, got instant level 10s or 15s in one or so Schools.

This would allow the Character that had 20s in all Schools to buy a Token for another Character on the Account to instantly progress one School to 15. Crafting progression is a grind.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    steinberg wrote: »
    Make it into a fleet hub for all fleets and a recruitment hub.

How about adding a fleet exchange system of some kind there,possibly not workable.
    Could become an interactive fleet meeting ground of some kind.

Fleets pretty much ignore each other unless in the same armada-so a fleet messaging service like a notice board.
    Say fleet A needs weapons and fleet B has them available.
    Or set up teams for tfos on certain dates.

Possibly again unworkable.

So... turn it from a Lifer only zone that has nothing to do to a public fleet zone for recruitment that has nothing to do.

Honestly makes no sense.
    ltminns wrote: »
    Just like the various Recruitments we've had where the Recruit, after some work, got instant level 10s or 15s in one or so Schools.

This would allow the Character that had 20s in all Schools to buy a Token for another Character on the Account to instantly progress one School to 15. Crafting progression is a grind.

Ok, this makes more sense.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    But without that grind the worthless R&D mats they keep forcing onto players through the endeavour system would have even less value.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    they ALREADY have no value - check the market; you can buy entire stacks of most purples for pennies​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    As I said, worthless R&D mats.
    What REALLY has no value is Trellium-K. Hardly any use, yet its everywhere, like Hydrogen, Stupidity, and TIE Fighter Parts.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    What REALLY has no value is Trellium-K. Hardly any use, yet its everywhere, like Hydrogen, Stupidity, and TIE Fighter Parts.

LMAO at the TIE Fighter parts! XD I gotta High-5 you for that one. ^^

As for what to do with the "Captain's Table" ... I do have to admit it is underwhelming. After I went lifer, I didn't even know where it was until a friend showed me where it is. It would be nice if it offered a means of accessing harder to get items, such as all the super special upgrades, such as Phoenix and Omega. Maybe even offer a means of obtaining the Omega particles? Perhaps maybe a Duty Officer contact that offers special missions you can only get there, and perhaps rewards may include Omega particles?

Or perhaps it could offer .... would quests be the right word here? Anywho, the quests could maybe offer some of those "holy grail" type items, such as Cochrane's Shotgun.

Or perhaps also offer a special admiralty card that one can only get there.

Just a few idea. Dunno if they're that good on their own, but hope it gives folks something to run with.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    - Crafting materials recycling contact: For every full stack of crafting materials / components delivered you get something back. New R&D pack or whatever else would work.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    - Crafting materials recycling contact: For every full stack of crafting materials / components delivered you get something back. New R&D pack or whatever else would work.

That's on the right track. Perhaps an accelerator that helps quality improvement, or tech exp?

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    Not even in the Developers domain but what have they done about all those now useless Forum Titles since they changed to Vanilla.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,214 Arc User
    Here's a few things to do that may have been mentioned by other people in this thread so far.

1. Add in an Exchange, Bank, Security officer, Person for trading up and down doffs, The lifer Dil doff mission, Boff trainer and vendor, Tailor, and lastly some kind vendor that sells RnD doffs for each category. Honestly like devs come on, put some extra rewards behind being a lifer, make more people want to buy it.

2. Ship vendor and selector and customizer. Honestly just put one of everything in there. The captains table should be the land of convenience.

3. Make it so you can transwarp to the captains table from anywhere. Maybe make it have no cooldown either since transwarp cooldowns are pointless nowadays.

4. Maybe some kind of unique Mark vendor that lets you trade in elite marks for regular marks? I don't think there's something like that in the game, but something like 1 Iconian probe to 75 iconian marks.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Since it is currently 100 Marks for an Elite Mark once every 20 hours per they would Ferengi the other way around at 1:40 like Vendor Trash.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    - NPC that lets you do a second set of personal Endeavours each day.
    For a fleet recruitment station they could simply use a shipyard and the utopia planitia interior. Although as mentioned it'd quickly end up being another empty wasteland that exists but never visited.

Having a transwarp to table wouldn't be an unwelcome update if there was a reason to actually go there.
This discussion has been closed.